Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1996 cadillac deville 2007 DTS Luxery 1.
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody , my 2007 dts , vin-1g6kd57yx7u153206 , fe1 suspension , has an intermittent "clonk" sound over bumps. Also it gets that 'squeek' sound at times , mainly when I hit my brakes. I have replaced front struts (Monroe quick strut) , stabilizer bar bushings (gm parts) and stab end links (gm parts). I do believe I need 2 inner tie rods , but I don't know if they have anything to do with the noise problems. I am leaning toward the control arms ????? Any Help ???? (this is front suspension)… Thank You , Tim

·
Registered
10 Posts
This may sound really stupid: Check your caliper mounting bolts. I have seen one bolt snapped off before, and the car stopped fine. That said..... broken strut spring/mount/ etc Most of the time, a fwd cady will have serious torque steer under heavy acceleration long before the a-arm bushings start clunking. They do squeek long before steering or tire wear becomes an issue.

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,175 Posts
This may sound really stupid: Check your caliper mounting bolts. I have seen one bolt snapped off before, and the car stopped fine. That said..... broken strut spring/mount/ etc Most of the time, a fwd cady will have serious torque steer under heavy acceleration long before the a-arm bushings start clunking. They do squeek long before steering or tire wear becomes an issue.
happened to my DTS. Left front caliper mounting bolts loosened up. Made a loud rattle like the strut was about to fall off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts