Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read many posts on this issue and have seen a service bulletin for 2020 models. My wife has complained since day one.
Heard many excuses from Service departments they lubed pins and last they removed glaze from rotors and pads.
still same issue.
I want them to replace pads and they are refusing. Now I have escalated up to customer service but they want me to take to dealer again.
I looked into getting aftermarket pads but no one makes correct one for our sport model.
Anyone out there find a solution of get a dealer to fix?
Thanks

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sucks, does the XT4 have all disc brakes? Hope they help you out, I've had great results after talking with Corporate customer service with many of my vehicles.
Yes all wheel, so far Corporate has told me take to dealer again and dealer has told me they have no authorization to do anything more than what they have done…. No a happy life with an unhappy wife….

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carid looks to have a 'huge selection'. (Take a look at the 'Evolution' pads)

Pretty sad that I have to replace the pads and the dealer won’t…
Thanks I ordered a set and will update after I install!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Disc brakes have been squeaking from the day they came out!!! I know they only squeak when the brakes are cold so get over it and drive the car.
I guess you have pretty low standards on quality.. I have had many cars over many years and never had this type of noise from brakes with 12000 miles. We were looking for some help not smart ass remarks. My wife’s response would not have been so nice.

· Registered
106 Posts
I guess you have pretty low standards on quality.. I have had many cars over many years and never had this type of noise from brakes with 12000 miles. We were looking for some help not smart ass remarks. My wife’s response would not have been so nice.
Mine started at about the same mileage. 2 sets of new brakes later and one set of rotors finally fixed the problem. Covered by warranty . Bulletin out on it. First time I ever had this type of problem with a vehicle also and have had many many vehicles.

· Registered
172 Posts
Mine started at about the same mileage. 2 sets of new brakes later and one set of rotors finally fixed the problem. Covered by warranty . Bulletin out on it. First time I ever had this type of problem with a vehicle also and have had many many vehicles.
I guess one way to eliminate being 'jagged around' would be to go into the dealer 'armed with the TSB'!

13,031 Posts
I have read many posts on this issue and have seen a service bulletin for 2020 models. My wife has complained since day one.
Heard many excuses from Service departments they lubed pins and last they removed glaze from rotors and pads.
still same issue.
I want them to replace pads and they are refusing. Now I have escalated up to customer service but they want me to take to dealer again.
I looked into getting aftermarket pads but no one makes correct one for our sport model.
Anyone out there find a solution of get a dealer to fix?
Thanks
This is certainly not what we like to hear, Elevrickie. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2021 XT4. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Elevrickie/Cadillac Forums in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | General Motors.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The dealer contact me to bring car in, they replaced pads, lightly resurfaced rotors and now all is quiet. All they needed to do is trust their service departments and give them the options to make the repairs without all the posts. Dealer did a great job with following up after the repairs were made.

· Registered
172 Posts
The dealer contact me to bring car in, they replaced pads, lightly resurfaced rotors and now all is quiet. All they needed to do is trust their service departments and give them the options to make the repairs without all the posts. Dealer did a great job with following up after the repairs were made.
Yes- Caddy needs more dealers like this to 'maintain and build owner loyalty'!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts