Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a noisy suspension? Mine seems to squeak and sounds like I am riding on rusty springs or something... I havent seen it in any posts and wonder if Cadillac Warraty would cover it? 2005 CTS-V with 16k. Thanks

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
If the dealer has installed the "Supplemental Bushings" for wheelhop then they're the problem. They're made of a hard plastic that squeaks and groans over slow bumps.

There's two choices for getting rid of it: Lube them constantly, or have them removed. They don't do much for the wheelhop anyway.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
45 Posts
Mine is going into the dealer for the exact thing next Tuesday. They just replaced the bushings 4 weeks ago. The squeak has now returned. At least it was quiet for 4 weeks. They told me they now have some super lube (very expensive) for sun roof slides that they are going to put on the bushings. I'm giving it one last chance before I get them to yank them out.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Just have the GM bushings removed. The idea was a good one but not properly engineered.

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
I had the noise (not anti-hop bushing related as I never had those installed). Brought it in to the dealership twice. Best they could was shoot what looked like white lithium grease anywhere metal and rubber rotated, mostly swaybar and control arm bushings. That would last about two days. Ultimately the problem was solved when I installed the Hotchkis sway bars that come with grease fittings. I hit 'em with a shot two to three times a year or whenever I have the wheels off.

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Ours is doing it and it got a lot worse after an auto-x. I greased the Hotchkis bars and it didn't help. This car was serviced regularly at the dealership and more than likely has the "supplemental bushings". How hard is it to replace them?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
My front end squeeked, sent it in to the dealer one week later no reply...Also gave them modified Long GM studs to install...Still waitin...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts