Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone-

Every time I begin to slow down, my brakes let out an awful squeaking noise ( usually when I get to 10mph and below). I got my pads replaced about three or four months ago and they told me that the pads just needed to wear down, well again, that was three or four months ago. Im beginning to think its the brake fluids, am I right?

TIA!

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,134 Posts
I[']m beginning to think it[']s the brake fluids, am I right?
Sorry, but no, you're not right. :) I don't even know how that would be possible. Well, I guess if you had some leak somewhere that was spraying brake fluid onto the rotors and breaking down the pad deposition layer, but that's probably not the case.

Most likely the shop did a poor job (or didn't do it at all) of applying brake caliper lube in the proper locations. That could be easily corrected.

Or it could just be the pads. Some are more prone to low speed squeal than others.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T
115 Posts
my 2014 ATS does that backing out of the driveway. That's the one and only annoyance of this car. I do wish it didn't do that.

·
Registered
2010 CTS Premium
179 Posts
Brake squeak is caused by the pad vibrating on the rotor. Often caused by out of round rotors. Take it back and demand they fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts