Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..When I drive with the radio off, I can hear squeaky noises when I go over the littlest bumps. Do I need the new front struts or could the noise be worn bushings?

Thanks!

·
Registered
Platinum 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport
1,840 Posts
It's hard to say without hearing the squeaks myself. The struts can be eliminated by bouncing the front end. Have a heavy buddy or budette push down on the bumper while you, using a short length of hose as a stethoscope, poke around the struts. Could be the top strut mount (visible in the engine compartment om the inner fenders), the springs, or the strut bodies themselves.

The suspension bushings might squeak but usually they thump and rattle along with the sway-bar droplinks.

·
Registered
Opel Omega
1,419 Posts
I think it may be a ball joint on the lower CA... I had a squeak when it was cold in the winter and it went away once the weather warmed up...

Another place to check is sway bar bushing too...

·
Registered
2002 DTS
41 Posts
Ok i just had ball joints and tie rides put on late summer last yr. Now I did hear groaning or squeaky noise after... went back the mechanic adjusted something under the car the noise was gone. Now its back but only when its real cold out. I went n got lube job but its still there a lil bit...do the ball joint need to b adjusted again or what??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts