Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 SRX V8 AWD
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experience a squeaking noise when bringing your vehicle to a stop. Not from the brakes sound like the whole cabin portion is squeaking. Had it in the shop they cant find crap.

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
I don't think crap will cause squeaking but might cause other symptoms. Try lubing all door weatherstrips incl. hatch and roof with silicone or such. If you do one at a time you might find the culprit, if that's the cause.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;
1,219 Posts
Has anyone experience a squeaking noise when bringing your vehicle to a stop. Not from the brakes sound like the whole cabin portion is squeaking. Had it in the shop they cant find crap.
Sounds very familiar. I've been dealing with a squeak or groan for about a year now that happens when I apply the brakes at low speed. Dealer couldn't find anything so I took it in to my local mechanic to get it checked out in November, since I was driving it to Florida and didn't want any trouble. He checked it out and said everything was good on the car - brakes, calipers, suspension etc. He thought that it was probably just the rubber bushings hardening up with age and not being as pliable as when new. He suggested the cost of replacing the bushings would be way out of whack to get rid of the noise and suggested (tongue in cheek) that I should turn the radio volume up! LOL!
Drove it to Florida and back without a hint of a problem. The noise became different in the warmer weather but it's now back to the same as it was before the trip, now that we're back in the cold.

Best regards,

Elie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts