Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
DTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 dts with 145000 miles on it. Drives like a dream except for a squeaking noise from the passenger side front wheel. Its a squeak squeak squeak noise not a constant squeak as if something is always making contact. The faster i go the faster the squeak is. But there are certains days when it will barely squeak at all so im baffled. The wheel does squeak when i hit a dip and when making right hand turns. Please help because im confused.

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
Get out of town, find a quiet country road and do 3 aggressive stops from about 50 - 60 mph. Drive away immediately after each stop, and after #3 drive at least 2 miles to cool the rotors.

Squeak gone ?? If not you may be approaching new pads time, the rotor dust shield is bent/rubbing, or the caliper pistons are not retracting slightly after a braking sequence.

·
Registered
DTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks i will try that it just baffles me that it also squeaks when turning or hitting a dip for it to be a problem with the brakes

·
Registered
2006 DTS LUX III, 2006 DTS w/sunroof & navigation (scrapped), 1997 ETC (Sold)
209 Posts
Could be a wheel bearing. Applying the brakes temporarily centers the loose unit hub/bearing. Worth a look if the brakes check out.

·
Registered
2008 DTS
107 Posts
Cadillac DTS OEM Brake shoes don't have wear indicators that squeak. Have brake pads checked. If brakes are ok then there is a compound called brake quiet that is sprayed on the back of the pads and let dry. after drying reinstall pads. loose or worn bearing will show up as uneven tire wear, scalloping etc, and there also might be some shaking of the front end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts