Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Eldorado, 01 Deville
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 eldo is sputtering. Mostly when I need to accelerate to go up hills or increase my speed. I thought I had gotten some bad gas as this started within several miles of the gas station where I filled up. I added a can of sea foam to the gas and I've topped of with some gas from another station and neither has helped.

Now my "check engine soon" light is on (not blinking). What could this be if not bad gas? :confused:

·
Registered
90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger
963 Posts
Pull the codes (press passenger temp up and the climate system off button simultaneously for about 5 seconds till all the dash lights light up then wait as it scrolls through and write them down and post them here, to exit I just push the temp button in or hit the info no button, you can also just turn the car off)

That being said it may not help you so you may want to check spark plugs, wires, coil pack, injectors, fuel filter and fuel pump. When was the last time the car had a tune up? If there isn't a bunch of white smoke coming out the tail pipe then I suspect something with the fuel delivery / ignition systems, I also wouldn't drive it like that until you've sorted the problem...

·
Registered
97 Eldorado, 01 Deville
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The codes are:
PCM P0603 History
PCM P1139 History
No IPC codes
No ACM codes
No SDM codes
No TCS codes
No PZM codes
No IRC codes
No RFA codes
No CCP codes
MSM B2118 History
MSM B2119 History
MSM B1982 History
No MMM codes
PCM?

It is about time for a tune up and there is no smoke coming out of the tail pipe.
Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Pretty much if that code is consistent, the Oxygen sensor needs to be replaced. The air/fuel mixture wont be right if the car is getting an improper reading from the O2 sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts