Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I decided to swap out my drop spindles for eibach springs. My guy says that my truck drives really bad because there's no space for the front wheel to travel with the spindles and that he has springs in his Tahoe and has no issues. What are you guys opinions?

·
Registered
2007 esKONali
1,099 Posts
He's wrong. The only thing the spindle does is move the hub up 2 inches. Everything stays the say spec and ride wise as from the factory. Your spring rate and suspension travel/movement stays the same as factory, it's just the rim and tire that is 2" up closer to the vehicle.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought, that's why spindles are a lot more money because they are a better kit. Springs seem like the cheaper way out. I'm really frustrated because I'm getting no where, I called around to different tire shops and they don't specialize in those things. I might just take it to caddy and see what they have to say about it . It could be that the shocks are blown, because I was driving on 26s for a while and it started when I went back to the 24s.

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover V8 SC ... 2015 Corvette Z06/Z07
923 Posts
All my research and all the feedback I've read states that anything more than a 1" front drop should be done with spindles on these trucks because f the aforementioned loss of travel issue past 1".

The thing that's always confused me though is the fact that tuners like D3 and SLP still use 2" front drop springs from companies such as H&R.

I'm planning a 1"/2" subtle drop soon and I think I'm going to use the Belltech 2" front drop spring with a 1" spacer. I'm hoping ride quality won't suffer much at such a minimal drop. I might use one of the H&R springs for the rear with new autoride links.

----------

I should mention that I had a Belltech 2-3 drop with front spindles on my old non-autoride tahoe and she rode like a pig.

But that was a rear suspension issue cause I wouldn't chop off my bumpstop brackets (free travel mod).

·
Registered
2010 Escalade
310 Posts
I'm about to order some 24s at the end of the month and thinking about the 2/3 drop but will wait to see how bad the fender gap is or if I can deal with it

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to bring it to the dealership this week for a oil change and I'm going to see if they could check the shocks for me. If its not the shocks then I'm going to take a shot and switch over to springs.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They will void the warranty suspension wise, but not the whole warranty.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: brought the escalade to the dealer today. It ended up being a blown front shock and the alignment was really off. It's the best part.....they covered the shock under warranty!!!!!! Even with the aftermarket spindles.

·
Registered
2010 ESV Platinum WDT
189 Posts
All dealers should, because they would have to prove your spindle drop, which changes nothing with the shock's location or travel, was the cause of the failure.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah that's what I was thinking. When I brought it to another caddy dealer a few months back, they gave me a lot of shit because of the spindles and the 24s, they wouldn't even look at it. I should of known better anyways not to go there. It's the worse dealer but its a lot closer to me than the other dealer I just brought it too ( which I bought the car from) thus the reason why I went there for service.

P.S. if you live in MA do not go to Cadillac of Norwood. They are the worst dealer around for buying a car and for service, they absolutely suck. Go to Olsen Cadillac in Woburn they have a great sales team and the service is great!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts