Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91' brougham d'elegance
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a mint & clean 91' fwb d'elegance last fall for $750, yeah i kno:). total upgrade from my 91' grand marquis. i put her in storage for the winter now its time buy some goodies for when i take her out. i kno the impala ss lowering springs r popular but i can only find mild sets. im looking for the biggest drop i can get. ebay has some 91-96 caprice 2-3" kits for like 3bills imput? fitment? theyr an off brand i think djm? where r u guys buying ur bilsteins from? i was thinkin about goin with the koni sa's because of the lifetime guarantee. thank you in advance, luc

Attachments

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 06 DTS Performance - Past 91Broughamd'Elegance,76FWBd'Elegance,98STS,00Eldorado,06STS
778 Posts
Hey that looks like mine!

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
That's a good deal

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,671 Posts
I believe the Caprice springs are 1" shorter then the stock brougham so getting some that would drop a caprice 2" would probably drop yours 3". What are your plans for the car? Aftermarket rims? It definitely wont look good dropped on stock rims. I didnt think DJM was an off brand but I dont really know.

·
Registered
91' brougham d'elegance
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe the Caprice springs are 1" shorter then the stock brougham so getting some that would drop a caprice 2" would probably drop yours 3". What are your plans for the car? Aftermarket rims? It definitely wont look good dropped on stock rims. I didnt think DJM was an off brand but I dont really know.
thanks for the info! im pretty sure im gunna buy some st springs with bilsteins from shox.com.. as far as plans go:
-coils and shocks
-7"lcd deck
-a decent sub setup
-35% tint
-rims(not sure of what though, impala ss?) racing disc covers until i decide
-oh and i need to replace one of the rear body fillers

trying to be tasteful as much as i can... what should i do?

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,671 Posts
Rims are gonna be the hardest thing in the world to find for it, I found some black Impala rims so I'm gonna see how they look when I get mine out of storage. If they look like crap, I'll have to sell them. I've had all types of subs in my car and I think 15s sound the best, they just take up your whole trunk. If you get a TV deck, you'll have to spend some money. Brands like Dual and Jenson wont last and are not built good, no features and outdated designs.

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
I'm more a fan of 10" or 8" subs, give you a lot more midbass.

As far as that "Light Antelope Metallic" Cadillac, that thing is farking mint for $750. Around here $750 will buy you a car that doesn't run, or something that runs horribly and is beat to absolute shit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts