Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'11 Cadillac Escalade
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a few questions about what you guys use to keep your vehicles looking like new.

I can clean most of the interior/chrome and wheels but when it comes to cleaning the paint I’m always hesitant I don’t want to damage the paint. I’ve had my dealer use a clay bar to remove rail dust in January but it looks like it needs to be done again, is there a limit on how many times you can clay bar a vehicle?

What do you guys use to wipe down the body?
Do you guys spray the engine bay? Does it cause any issues?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Just had a few questions about what you guys use to keep your vehicles looking like new.

I can clean most of the interior/chrome and wheels but when it comes to cleaning the paint I’m always hesitant I don’t want to damage the paint. I’ve had my dealer use a clay bar to remove rail dust in January but it looks like it needs to be done again, is there a limit on how many times you can clay bar a vehicle?

What do you guys use to wipe down the body?
Do you guys spray the engine bay? Does it cause any issues?
Depending on where you live and drive you should only have to clay every year at the most as long as you keep your truck "waxed", and a good synthetic wax will outlast carnuaba 5 to 1 in terms of durability. You can clay as often as you like if done correctly it will not damage your paint. Keep your paint clean (wash when dirty) and you can always use a detail type spray to help your wax last longer. I use detail spray for my engine bay, whatever you use make sure it does not contain oils or it will attract more dust.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
I too have rail dust in my area. I use Zaino AIO followed by Zaino CS ( a spray on clear seal that takes, literally, less than 10 minutes to apply).

Using those products, periodic rail dust cleaning is easy with standard bug/tar remover, or better, I use 3M adhesive remover to remove the dust, then apply the AIO, then CS. I do that process 3-4 times per year. Total procedure takes about 2-2.25 hours. Very easy, great results. I cannot get Zaino locally and therefore get my products from Carl (hcvone). See his link above.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts