Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
07 STS-V Black Raven
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any problems with the sports mode becoming disengaged after a period of time by itself? I keep my 05 in sports mode at all times and I find that on start up periodicaly (maybe every 20) it will not be on. I swear I am not touching the button to turn it off.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
caddy_man said:
Does anyone have any problems with the sports mode becoming disengaged after a period of time by itself? I keep my 05 in sports mode at all times and I find that on start up periodicaly (maybe every 20) it will not be on. I swear I am not touching the button to turn it off.
I have forgotten to turn it off and the next day it's still in the spt mode. The only time I use it is for spirited sprint driving. To me I find it nusiance during daily driving. The TC & STS reset when the engine turns off.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Whew, I don't know how you can drive in sports mode all of the time... I start to hurt from all the necksnapping ;). I've left it on a couple of days in a row with no reset...Any way you could make it a user-default in the programming? Just a thought....

·
Registered
07 STS-V Black Raven
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will look into the reprograming to see if that will take care of it. I average about 100-120 miles a day 7 days a week and turn the car on and off numerous times during the course of the day(I am a Realtor by trade). Maybe I am accidently touching the "S" button but lately I have been trying to keep things away from the console when exiting so as not to turn it off. I just thought that maybe it resets itself after so many starts. Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
2003 CTS
920 Posts
I don't think you are hitting it accidently, mine seems to have a mind of it's own. I think the length of time the engine is on or off has sometiing to do with it. :confused:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah, mine turns itself off as well. My question is, has anybody noticed a difference in gas milage between the two? With sport mode on, I was averaging nearly 20mpg, but with it off, I'm down to 18mpg. Kinda weird...

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Cadiman1983 said:
Yeah, mine turns itself off as well. My question is, has anybody noticed a difference in gas milage between the two? With sport mode on, I was averaging nearly 20mpg, but with it off, I'm down to 18mpg. Kinda weird...
It should be the other way. The sport mode uses more gas. I get 20-23mpg in the normal made.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
geez whats up with all these ''caddy (cadi) mans''??? lol im just messing:alchi:

·
Registered
07 STS-V Black Raven
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whew, I'm glad I'm not the only one with issues on the sport mode button, I was begining to think I was losing my mind:banghead: . As far as the "caddy man", I thought I was being unique but alas, I am just another fish in the proverbial sea.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Caddy Man said:
geez whats up with all these ''caddy (cadi) mans''??? lol im just messing:alchi:
Guess we gonna have to refer to you as Detroit Caddy Man to avoid confusion:D Damn there's a lot of y'all

·
Registered
413 Posts
lol, I got Cadiman as a nickname back during my sophomore year of high school. I was one of the first people in my class to be able to drive, and my first car was a 1987 Cadillac Sedan Deville that I bought from my Grandmother (had 70,000 miles on it, and she bought it brand new). Thing was I went to a very rich high school, so all the rich kids got a kick out of it. But I kinda liked it, and it stuck. I even have "Cadiman" on my license plate. I was surprised to get it down here in Georgia, figured someone else would have had it already.

·
Registered
07 STS-V Black Raven
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I get about 22-23 around town(in sport mode) and 26-27 on the road running 70-75. I drove the car from LA to Atlanta in the middle of July(air on all of the way) running 80 and got 26-27. That is a far cry from my 2WD Expedition getting 15 in town and 18 on the road(down hill with a tail wind). Since I average 35K per year that is a huge savings in fuel for me.

·
Registered
'04 Escalade EXT
352 Posts
Ive got the manual trans and i get about 21-22 in town and bout 28-29 highway. however i do drive about 60 everywhere in town and about 85-90 on the highway

·
Registered
2005 & 2008 CTS
1,362 Posts
caddy_man said:
Happens to me sometimes as well. I also have an 05'.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
shaft said:
damn, I dont think ive ever gotten 20mpg. :confused:
Being slightly OCD I carefully track my mileage versus fuel purchases. A few notes on that. The DIC is wrong, I typically put another .5 gallon of fuel into that tank than the DIC thinks I burned and my average mpg is never anywhere near what the DIC thinks it is. I have averaged about 18mpg over the last six months between mixed highway 80-85mph driving and gridlocked traffic on surface roads. I really envy you folks who have been getting 20+. I knew when I bought this car it would not compare to my economical (and boring) 4-banger Saturn for fuel efficiency, but the RWD and sportiness outweighs any minor considerations about fuel efficiency.

As for Sports mode, I have two different personal profiles, basically a day and night setup. Day is for when I might have customers in the car running to lunch, no sports mode, radio tuned to something sedate, etc. and night sports mode always with the CD blaring. I have not noticed much difference in milage between the two.

Interestingly, I have had to make a few trips out of town this week for meetings. Of course I took the CTS! While cruising at 75-80mph on the open highway the DIC thinks I am getting good fuel efficiency, at least according to the remaining range readout. The minute I push past 80mph the range remaining starts dropping a lot faster, which really sux because the Texas hill country is great for letting the CTS go. My frequent trips out to see that customer were the driving reason for getting a new car.

Indulgence has its costs... not that I am complaining.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts