Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a Sports grille be put onto a 2007 2.98 litre base model CTS or does it need to go one a higher model than a base model ?

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
the grille of the 2.8L, 3.2L, 3.6L, & 5.7L engine CTSes are all identical in shape & interchangable.

you can put a sports grille, cts-v grille, cts stock grille, etc, on all CTS models.

-mike

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
the grille of the 2.8L, 3.2L, 3.6L, & 5.7L engine CTSes are all identical in shape & interchangable.

you can put a sports grille, cts-v grille, cts stock grille, etc, on all CTS models.

-mike
i think he is asking because all other cadillac vehicles you need a certain engine to put a sport grill.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
w/e, he's got his answer above ;)

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
I think it's around $400, but I can't remember exactly. Check with Luke @ Lindsay Cadillac to see if they still have the "group buy" purchase price. They are supporting vendors on this site.

·
Registered
2014 ATS Performance 2013 SRX Premium
1,045 Posts
One size fits all, then you need the CTS Sport spoiler, rear fascia and exhaust tips to round out the package:eek:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
i'm sure if u ask Lindsay Cadillac they will give u a part number...

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
i'm sure if u ask Lindsay Cadillac they will give u a part number...
I'm sure they will too. But how crummy is that to ask them to look up a part number so you can buy someplace else??? :thepan: Besides, they usually beat GMParts Direct pricing when you consider shipping. :coffee:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
MJ the spoiler is on the list as well. Out of curiosity what is the rear fascia ?
The rear fascia is the rear bumper cover :) If you compare a regular CTS you'll see some slight differences.

This the CTS Sport appearance rear end above and the standard CTS rear below also see third pic for exhaust cutout detail

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
247 Posts
Do you think that I could buy the sport grille from GM and install it on my own?

I'm under the impression that GM Dealership would only sell the grille installed.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Do you think that I could buy the sport grille from GM and install it on my own?
If you can handle small hand tools you can do it. They come prepainted in several colors, black, platinum, infared and white diamond I believe.

·
Registered
2007 CTS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does anyone know the part number for the sports grille in light platinum. I have looked on gm parts direct but could not find it

·
Registered
CTS
343 Posts
no sense in ordering it right now anyway. I placed my order on August 4th and I just got an email stating that my oder was cancelled due to the grille being on a national backorder and no available ETA from GM. I'd wait a little bit for it, your order from GMPD will probably be cancelled anyway, just as mine was.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
no sense in ordering it right now anyway. I placed my order on August 4th and I just got an email stating that my oder was cancelled due to the grille being on a national backorder and no available ETA from GM. I'd wait a little bit for it, your order from GMPD will probably be cancelled anyway, just as mine was.
Well, that just sucks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts