Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rarely have a need to manually shift an automatic transmission. I used the sport mode about a year ago, right after I bought my SRX. I got bored with it in a few minutes, and haven't used it since. I tried it again yesterday, and it seems to have stopped working completely.

While stopped, I switched to sport mode. Managed to shift from first to second (as indicated on the odometer), but then could not shit from second at all, either up or down, at any speed or rev range. Switched back to standard 'Drive' mode for a few minutes. Switched back to sport mode again. The 'S' light appeared on the dash board, but the odometer did not change to show gear, and I was unable to change gears by moving the stick up or down at any speed or RPM. The transmision seemed to be shifting normally, by itself the whole time.

I don't have any codes or warnings yet, and otherwise, the transmission seems to be operating normally. I may try disconnecting the battery, but I like to save that as a last resort. Any suggestions before I have a dealer check it out?

·
Registered
2004 SRX V6 AWD
741 Posts
I have no personal experience with this setup, but looking at the FSM, a scan tool is a prime part of the diag procedure.
Most of the initial steps of the diag point to the shifter mechanism.
I think your trans is fine, but there is a switch or wiring issue upstream.

·
Registered
2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite
1,185 Posts
It is entirely possible, since you so rarely used Sport Mode, that the switches have corrupted with none-use.

Before taking it to the dealership.. move it back and forth and up and down on the right side a whole bunch of times to see if that will knock some of the corrosion off of the switches/sensors.

Other then that, it is probably just a sensor issue, which the dealership will have to fix.

Mine works great - -but I probably use mine once a week, and every time I am in cruise on the highway, I have to put it in M5 to get it to stop it from going into hyperdrive at ever little hill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts