Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day guys,
I noticed on my ATS 2.0T 2015, when i change to Sport mode, it doesnt go to a lower gear as usual, so it just acts as same as touring mode. i never used it before much to remember how it acts on my ATS, but normaly on other vehicles when u shift to Sport mode it goes straight to the lower gear and keeps high rpms for a longer time.
Can someone explain me if its normal or i have a failure.
Didnt checked for mistakes yet but planning to do it today.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2014 ATS AWD 2.0T
36 Posts
It doesn't work that way on my 2014 ATS 2.0T. It may vary slightly been trim levels, but the only thing I see as different from "Touring" is that "Sport" holds gears longer and down shifts faster.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
639 Posts
Put it in sport then drive it...for real. It will go into yeehaw mode and hold gears like a manual.
When you drive it like a madman it can be all kinds of fun!
Trouble is, when you want to drive it like an old man it can be quirky. Even in tour mode. Mine tries to hold a gear down to 1200 rpm at low speed and shudders. I manually downshift to keep rpms over 1500 and it quits. I've had the tsb flush done and it's an improvement, but not 100%.
Can that be tuned with programming to hold a higher rpm?

·
Registered
174 Posts
When you drive it like a madman it can be all kinds of fun!
Trouble is, when you want to drive it like an old man it can be quirky. Even in tour mode. Mine tries to hold a gear down to 1200 rpm at low speed and shudders. I manually downshift to keep rpms over 1500 and it quits. I've had the tsb flush done and it's an improvement, but not 100%.
Can that be tuned with programming to hold a higher rpm?
Yes, that is something you can tune. HPT gives you full control on shift points, target rpms, throttle input, torque converter lockup, and much more.

·
Registered
2016 ATS Coupe
10 Posts
When in Sport mode from about 20mph on if you hit the gas fast and go all the way to the floor the car should go to into track mode. it will start downshifting at 4,000 rpm. kinda fun. to exit track mode just move the shift handle to manual and back to drive. ZZP has a really good transmission tune.

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
639 Posts
If only.......

Gotta have AWD. :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts