Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyones Caddy had spoke rims here. I needed to know the owners opinion as I am planning on a set of 15" 100 spokes with some Cadillac knock-offs for the middle. Stayin with the standard Whitewalls, or vogues if i can find them for not too much. Opinons? How would it look on a '93 Sixty Special?

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
It would look like somebody changed the wheels and the car no longer has the "right" wheels.
To others it would look "Cool" ~
But the only person who has to like it is **YOU** ;)

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Well if you do want other people to like it, don't go too small if youre going aftermarket. Don't go much smaller than the stock size (maybe 1 inch but that's all). I think 15s are about the limit, any smaller and it looks rediculous.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
My Brougham has factory ones on it. They look nice but are a pain to clean. When you're sitting in traffic you see a lot of people looking at them.

Look on Autotrader.com for Fleetwoods or DeVilles to see if you can find any that someone added them on to see what they look like. I don't know if I'd like the way they look on it or not but I think 15 or 16" ones would look the best.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx everyone for the input...I'm planning on staying the same size with 15s...damn, cant sing TI-24's with everyone in the car. Gotta wait till spring around here though, so yea. If i had the next deville body style, no spokes. I think it would only look good because my Caddy is still kinda the boxed style. What about the vogues?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think spokes look great on Caddies. I have 20 inch 150 spoke wheels to put on my 78 Coupe DeVille and Im getting a set of white powder coated sopoke 20 inch wheels with the chrome spinning spoke kit for my ETC. Ive got your hook up for wheels man. I own a custom shop and I can get you 15 inch wires for around 400 plus shipping. I can get you guys if you wanna buy in bulk 20 Boss wheels a set of 20 Knock off wiires and another set of Boss wheels for around 2700. Thats cheap Spinning wires are more expensive. My cost for a set of 22inch wire wheels with spinner kit is around 1100

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
ahhhh

I wanted to get '96+ STS wheels (16") for my '93 CDV.... I wanted to stay away from spokes becuase they have the pimp image....

.....but everyone is saying they look good.... I would want 16" 100spoke....

.... they are a pain to clean, I have the factory wire wheels over 15" steelies, the wheel covers are spoked, adn I hated cleaning them, but i bought Eagle 1 chrome wire wheel cleaner....omg, spray it on, then when washing the car run the high pressure on it, and it cleans EVERYTHING it will be crazy....

.... on the older style of my car, I think spokes will look *good* but I don't want to get the pimp thing going or have drug dealers tart coming up to me.... I want to hott-rod sleeper look.....although who will suspect the spokes?

lol, all my freinds and everyone I know ays I need to get the spokes.... I suppose it woudln't be TOO bad..... make alot more people realize it is not a grandpas car :D

BTW Tru, tell your friend with the Grand Am to go to:

www.gaownersclub.com

I am a regualr there aswell, it is one of THE best internet forums in general, adn a must for any GA owner.....

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just told my guy to join up at that Grand Am forum...Hes one of my computer science major fellow nerds, just like me! Yea, I was going to stick with 15" just because anything bigger and people might mistake me for a rapper/ basketball player/ drug dealer, and I don't really want that. I've just always been attracted to spokes, just like I'm attracted to beatiful, naked women.

ETC - does the price of $400 include tires also? or just the rims themselves....any knockoffs with that price?

Jacob Hoppe

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
yeah, the GAOC is a great place, even though I am selling my GA(s) I still hang out there (same name), the people there are just really cool, the whole setting is great etc....

....depending on where he/you live, maybe you can make the club meet? every year in Albany, this year was our first meet, Satu we go to LVD and race (hence my avatar) and Sun is a huge picnic at a state park where people eat, talk, look at everyones cars, clean their car etc.... check out the pics here:

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12521

it is really wayy cool, I broguht the Caddy, there were a few other non GA and non Pontiac owners too.... I had told everyone here about it, but noone was interested :(

ok, sorry to steal the thread :D

I think 15" spokes look a little too small.... look at cardomain, there are some '91-'93 with differnt size spokes....

plus woudln't the 16" wheels make the car handle better?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a set of 16” 100 spoke Daytons with 225/60/16 vogue tires the ones with the gold strip not the gold and white. I might sell them for $550 plus shipping. If you do buy wire wheels buy Dayton or Player. I have had trouble with other brands leaking air throw the spokes rust and the spokes bending.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
550 plus shipping? That sounds like a great deal, but I have to wait till late jan/ feb. If you still got them then you think, I'll seriously consider. I was planning to buy some out of any of the vendors in lowrider magazine, and I was suprised at the difference for some local sellers. Wanted $600 without tires, for the standard 15" 100 spokes, I just like like, "Well, thankyou for your estimate", and left. About how much would shipping be from Jersey, you think?
Jacob Hoppe

·
Registered
'93 Sixty Special
303 Posts
Something you'll have to keep in mind is the clearance under those fender skirts. And you better not take those off :nono: bouncer:

:D

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fender skirts coming off?!?! NEVER! Whatever I decide on, you can bet that those skirts will only come off if i get a flat!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thats the price of the wheels only and they are knock offs. I have to look tomorrow and see what tires will run you. Actually Player wheels suck too. If you like to run your Caddy like I do 7000 rpm shifts will loosen the spokes (they did on my palyer wheel-16inch) on a wire wheel thats not made good. The wires Im pricing on this thread has a 3 year warranty (same as Dayton but a lot cheaper). the best way to clean a wire is eagle 1 wire wheel cleaner and when you dry them buff Pledge(furniture cleaner) on the wires and lip. It puts a wax and shine on them.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
These are the only wire wheels I will put on my Caddy. Sturdy enough to take the beating a 500 V8 can dish out. Too bad they come only in 15 inches. Hope you don't mind me using your pic Ultra Slow.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
ok, speaking of the spokes:

my mothers '89 Brougham came with the 15" REAL wire wheels.... I seem to read alot that they are very rare, and expensive, well, they were taken off and have steelies with Oldsmobile wire wheel covers on them becuase "they get dirty fast" anyway, we still have those wheels, but I am thinking:

will the 5 bolt pattern wheels form a RWD Brougham fit my 5bolt pattern FWD DeVille?

they weigh a ton (probally more then the steel wheels) and are still 15" so I will not see any performance gains, but the fact that I will fact REAL wire wheels, Cadillac ones nonetheless (has the wreath and crest in the middle, they need to be cleaned though, really dirty) is just really cool.....

I would love to use them, as my search for new wheels next year woudl be over.... like I said, I will not get any performance/handeling improvments, but if they fit, I don't care...... woudl they fit?

Also howcome when buying wheels you gotta specify RWD/FWD....what is the differnce?

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
The Brougham ones won't fit. The difference between RWD and FWD rims is the offset. FWD rims have the centre part that has the bolt holes closer to the outside of the rim. Take a hubcap off yours and the Brougham and you will see what I mean. The bolt pattern is probably also different.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Since we are on the difference between RWD and FWD wheels, anyone know the difference between the FWD and Standards?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts