Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
07 Escalade
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture they can post of the molded Mud guards installed on Escalade? GMpartsdirect has them for $58 per pair but I'd like to see what they look like installed.

·
Registered
Escalade
6 Posts
I am also interested in mud flaps for my 07 escalade. If you find a set that you like please post the information. Thanks

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
44 Posts
I have my WD Molded Mud flaps/splash guards, being delivered today. I have a local GMC dealer installing them on Wed. They are charging me $95 to have them put on (all 4). I am not very handy and don't want to mess up my truck. Am I getting robbed at this price?

Part numbers:
12499477, Rear
19165824, front

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
7 Posts
Hi, Nathan -

I installed a set of four molded splash guards on my 2008 Escalade with the fixed steps. It took me about an hour (would've been less, but GM left some of the hardware out of the packages so it took a run to the Cadillac Department at Ace Hardware).

The installation amounts to removing a few existing plastic fasteners and replacing them with some steel clips and using the provided sheetmetal screws to attach it all back together. You have to drill a half dozen or so holes, all in either the plastic splash guard or the plastic fender liner. Easy to do, but you do need a drill and power.

If you decide to do it yourself, you may discover, as I did, that the instructions included direct you to drill out the wrong places in the front splash guards. The directions were vague enough for me the guards at their installation location before breaking out the drill (always a good idea!). It's obvious which are the right points to drill. There's a typo in the instructions.

I like the looks of the rear guards; the fronts aren't too bad, although they're not as contoured as I'd like. I put the set of four on mostly for the fronts - the design of the vehicle makes the running boards the perfect collection point for ice & snow thrown up by the front wheels in the winter. Won't know how effective they are until next winter.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
44 Posts
Thanks 195pilot.

I took them out of the box this evening and see what you mean about the fronts vs. the rears. They put a lot more effort in the design of the rears with the contoured shape and all. the fronts look pretty simple. I don't get too much snow down here in ATL. I am trying to keep all the grime off the fenders. That's about the only thing that gets dirty are the lower fenders from the tires kicking stuff up. Seeing that I'm instructions challenged and the GM instructions are wrong to begin with I think I'll drop the 95 to have them done.
Thanks!

·
Registered
07 Escalade
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, Nathan -

I installed a set of four molded splash guards on my 2008 Escalade with the fixed steps. It took me about an hour (would've been less, but GM left some of the hardware out of the packages so it took a run to the Cadillac Department at Ace Hardware).

The installation amounts to removing a few existing plastic fasteners and replacing them with some steel clips and using the provided sheetmetal screws to attach it all back together. You have to drill a half dozen or so holes, all in either the plastic splash guard or the plastic fender liner. Easy to do, but you do need a drill and power.

If you decide to do it yourself, you may discover, as I did, that the instructions included direct you to drill out the wrong places in the front splash guards. The directions were vague enough for me the guards at their installation location before breaking out the drill (always a good idea!). It's obvious which are the right points to drill. There's a typo in the instructions.

I like the looks of the rear guards; the fronts aren't too bad, although they're not as contoured as I'd like. I put the set of four on mostly for the fronts - the design of the vehicle makes the running boards the perfect collection point for ice & snow thrown up by the front wheels in the winter. Won't know how effective they are until next winter.
Pictures would be great.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts