Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm new here but i have looked and not seen this come up before. i have a 2006 cts-v 1 month old with 2000 miles and now have an intermittant speedo issue. it will jump around like from 30mph to 20 mph and back to 30 mph. twice on highway it goes from 70 to 0 and back to 70mph. when this happens both the digital and analog needle follow suit and always read the same. i called dealer and because it is not setting a service engine soon code and is intermittant they said they may or may not find the cause and suggest i drive till it quits working or is messed up all the time. i'm sure it is something simple like one wheel speed sensor sending missinformation at times. just not ready to give to a mechanic to drive the #$%$ out of it then say he can't find. has anyone else experienced this and was the cause found?

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input. i will post here what they find however i probably won't take in for a week or so. i think the gear you describe may be the culprit or something is loose as when it does it it is worse on acceleration. also bad on left turns. thanks again.

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
took to dealer and it was the speed sensor on the transmission and parts list shows conduit but tech's description says replace wire from c3 term 67 of ecm to term 2 of vss harness connector. it seems to have fixed the issue for now at least. just wanted to post what it was in case this happens to others.

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it does make you think when you look down and see 0mph on highway. also makes you wonder about going into a corner very hard and what the computer thinks the speed is. the mechanic said that he understood my concern but that the computer and stability control is based off each wheel speed sensor which is supposedly completely separate from the cars speedometer which is driven from transmission.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts