Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought ATS & SAAB 9-3 aero(2.8L) Similar power
Yesterday I test two car 2km straight road rolling test speed 60 & 80km/h but result is suprised 9-3aero is more faster(about 10 meter)

How about this result? That reason is ATS have speed limit? Use any tuner cancel speed limit that result is change?
How can i catch that 9-3?

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,433 Posts
What gear was the ATS in? If it was an auto I would suspect 3rd and you will lose every time. Put it in auto stick, start in 2nd and see what happens. It takes the turbo to long to spool up if otherwise. FYI - I turned 144.3 mph in a standing mile or 232.23 kph in 1.6 km.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oemtech said:
What gear was the ATS in? If it was an auto I would suspect 3rd and you will lose every time. Put it in auto stick, start in 2nd and see what happens. It takes the turbo to long to spool up if otherwise. FYI - I turned 144.3 mph in a standing mile or 232.23 kph in 1.6 km.
I started gear 2nd in 60kph use manual mode. And use 97octane
First mission is I have to cancel speed limit^^

I have many test that road. 2000cc engine average over 240kph in 1.7km started 60kph rolling start

I want to be ATS is fastest car in 2000cc^^

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,433 Posts
Mine test was from a dead stop..... no roll. It's called the Texas Mile... Google it.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,513 Posts
I get good results from my 3.6 in first gear winding it out to around 6 grand. At first the car sounded like it was stressing in first gear and was useless to me. I figured out to follow through with first gear and bang into 2nd and third and all she wrote. But I know you are talking about the 2.0t.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
^^^Shift that 3.6 up at 6800 rpm or higher.

OP: If you need more power and have access to good fuel, a tune and a downpipe will solve your problems.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I do but I try and keep it out of red line. In general it would be 6000. But it gets shifted higher at times. If I had a shift light that would be great. But I have to keep my eye on the tach when shifting for speed. If I could get a shift light that wasn't sitting on top of my dash I would get one put in the gauge cluster. I don't want to go ricer or act like I have a drag strip car but I need a shift light. From 6800 up you can't hear any difference so it is easy to redline fast.

Out of all gears I like 3rd in this car. Second is good but goes to fast. 3rd getting on the highway feels like a rocket.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L
174 Posts
duneless said:
I do but I try and keep it out of red line. In general it would be 6000. But it gets shifted higher at times. If I had a shift light that would be great. But I have to keep my eye on the tach when shifting for speed. If I could get a shift light that wasn't sitting on top of my dash I would get one put in the gauge cluster. I don't want to go ricer or act like I have a drag strip car but I need a shift light. From 6800 up you can't hear any difference so it is easy to redline fast. Out of all gears I like 3rd in this car. Second is good but goes to fast. 3rd getting on the highway feels like a rocket.
Get the Diablo tune with the Trinity. You can setup up the led's on the trinity as a shift light. It's the size of a GPS that will fit in the bottom left corner of the windshield. And get an extra 12whp too :)

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Oh, didn't know I could have a tach with that. Thanks. Learn shit everyday.:worship: You da man.
Get the Diablo tune with the Trinity. You can setup up the led's on the trinity as a shift light. It's the size of a GPS that will fit in the bottom left corner of the windshield. And get an extra 12whp too :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts