Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Deville
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My computer has had the traction control and abs lights come on and off over the past two years or so and I've pulled the codes occasionally, and the code I get is:

TCS 1227 History Left Rear Excessive Wheel Speed Variation.

I'm told it's the speed sensor. And I know it's part of the hub. Dealer charges roundabout $400 for the part. I found this online:

http://mibearings.com/paypalparts/513121.html
Wheel Bearing Hub Assembly

It has the ABS Sensor built in. I'm terrible with car stuff, is this what I need? Is the ABS Sensor the same as the speed sensor?
Thanks for your help.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,064 Posts
LR wheel hub, not a front hub........The wheel speed sensors are built in. The ABS takes a wheel speed reading from all 4 wheels simultaneously and controls each brake to prevent slip/skidding, plus limiting front wheel spin due to excessive acceleration efforts :rolleyes:.

You might get away with jacking up the car, pulling the LR wheel, and checking the integrity/cleanliness of the wheel hub electrical connector.

·
Registered
97 Deville
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgive my stupidity in this matter. So from what I understand, I need the part that I listed above, but for the rear of the car, not the front? I already had my mechanic try to clean off the connector. The wheel speed sensor and the abs speed sensor are the same thing I'm guessing.

·
Registered
NONE
1 Posts
Forgive me if this thread is too old to bump up, but I have located wheel bearings for the rear of your cadillac.
As long as you don't have the hearse/limo or HD suspension or brakes than the part at 512006 from MIBearings LLC (the site you linked to) will fix your ABS problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts