Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i have done 15 cars with an intake from spectre it looks like, and the "AVERAGES" of the maf curve are as follows.

Add 10% to the WHOLE maf curve set, then Add another 8% from 6000hz to max.

That brings things back in line and makes it within 2% error.

That info should fix your codes.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V(gone)/08Raven w/ Ebony Tango STS-V
138 Posts
Thank you Jesse for lending your expertise. To get our tunes updated, do we need to ship the files back to you or do you keep a database? How do we go about this?
Thanks,
Rich Welch

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
06 STS V
61 Posts
Looking at where you guys are located, you're not going to like to hear this. After I installed the the Spectre CAI and exhaust, I called Jesse to ask him to email me the new tunes for his handheld which I already had. It's pretty common knowledge that when you buy his tuner/tunes, he will send you new tunes for free whenever you do upgrades or additional mods. Hence my call to him.

Here's the bad part. I was told that he has done 4-5 cars w/Spectres and they're all different. Therefore he did not want to update my tunes without the car being there on his dyno. I took my car to him and I'm extremely happy with what he did and would highly recommend doing the same.

Also, today is the first in a long time I've seen him post on this forum, so you may want to calll him.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looking at where you guys are located, you're not going to like to hear this. After I installed the the Spectre CAI and exhaust, I called Jesse to ask him to email me the new tunes for his handheld which I already had. It's pretty common knowledge that when you buy his tuner/tunes, he will send you new tunes for free whenever you do upgrades or additional mods. Hence my call to him.

Here's the bad part. I was told that he has done 4-5 cars w/Spectres and they're all different. Therefore he did not want to update my tunes without the car being there on his dyno. I took my car to him and I'm extremely happy with what he did and would highly recommend doing the same.

Also, today is the first in a long time I've seen him post on this forum, so you may want to calll him.
I had actually emailed him and asked him to come on and share his knowledge.
Couldn't we start with him sending us the baseline that he outlined and do our own logging and work from there? I'm certain that because he's so busy it would take an inordinate amount of time, but distance might dictate that route.
On a related note, has anybody used the logging software available from SCT? Is it any good, does it even work? Would this be sufficient for finding where we stand?
Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
2013 OBM CTS-V Coupe
2,664 Posts
Ok guys i have done 15 cars with an intake from spectre it looks like,
You have done 15 of these? That means you have tuned 33% of the cars with Spectre Intakes on them.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
209 Posts
I cant figure out how to get the handheld to log for nothing. I dont have the tune on my car because Im upgrading to a self made solutions, as well the intake, I wanted to remove any variables from the CEL

·
Registered
138 Posts
From the way I understand it (I haven't tried yet) you connect the handheld to your obd2 port and your laptop to the handheld and the application logs on your laptop.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
209 Posts
From the way I understand it (I haven't tried yet) you connect the handheld to your obd2 port and your laptop to the handheld and the application logs on your laptop.
Confirm this PLEASE. I will log the hell out of my car, and send it to Jessie. If he can make my transmission shift the way it does. I would love to see what he can do to the motor.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Confirm this PLEASE. I will log the hell out of my car, and send it to Jessie. If he can make my transmission shift the way it does. I would love to see what he can do to the motor.
First you have to download LiveLink app from their website:

Then,
With livelink, there are a few things that need to be correct then everything else will fall into place.

First and most important thing, make sure the drivers for the device you are using to data log are installed and properly working. (see related drivers documents for more on this)

Second, make sure you are using an up to date version of livelink. (this can be found on our website under Tech Support / Add-On Software and Utilities)

Third and equally as important is the order of events.
1. Plug in tuner to the vehicle's OBD2.
2. Plug in the usb cable to the laptop.
3. Turn the vehicle's key to the on position. (Skipping this step is the most common problem)
4. Open the Livelink software.
5. Press the Graph Button located at the top left.

It will then detect the vehicle and populate the list of pids to select. Put check marks in the pids you want to monitor, make sure to not select over 20 or so, or it will cause communication problems. Press OK, Then start the car, then press the Green button to begin logging.

They even have a demo of how to set it up:
http://www.sctflash.com/docs/live_link_demo.htm

I might try tonight if I have time after changing my rear brake pads and installing the Spectre intake...

·
Registered
2013 OBM CTS-V Coupe
2,664 Posts
I have HP Tuner and the scanner logs anything I want. I don't understand how that will help me help you?

·
Registered
2013 OBM CTS-V Coupe
2,664 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OBM CTS-V Coupe
2,664 Posts
I guess. Weird considering Spectre has not released their CTS-V intake yet. As I said, I was just surprised.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Maybe it was just a typo? Powdercoater said he told him 4 or 5 when he went for dyno tuning.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts