Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm due for relube on my TSB bushings that help(???) the wheel hop. I'm considering having the original soft bushings put back instead so I don't have to do this every 3 months.

Who here has bought the Specter Works bushings for $250 and would you do it again?

If it doesn't help with the wheel hop anymore than the TSB bushings I don't wanna waste my header money.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,006 Posts
Have had 'em in for 10 months now and have not experienced wheelhop. I must say, however, I have not done any burnouts and only a VERY few hard 1-2 shifts, too. They don't squeak if that's any consolation.

Going back a bit, the GM bushings (as it turned out) didn't do much at all for wheelhop. (When I first installed them, I had a more positive opinion and posted as such :hide:).

I bought my Specters used from a forum member here and paid half the cost of new ones. And, at $250, I'd be inclined to save a few more nickels and maybe do a KARS kit. That's what I'm looking into at present (if I could get them to return my calls! :rant2:) based on others' opinions here.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Thee spectre bushings completely fill the void in the bushing making it more rigid. The GM's are a waste of time. It will not cure the hop but it will make it much nicer to power thru the gears. The metallic knocking will be eliminated.

·
Registered
CTS-V
107 Posts
I have the Spectre bushings and so far so good. I don't do a lot of burn outs. The bushings don't completely eliminate the wheel hop from 1st to 2nd, at least in my experience. Running through the rest of the gears I have not experienced any wheel hop.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Keeping in mind, all this is totally relative to driving style. Those bushings may do a great job under normal driving, if you arent real aggressive, they prolly work great.

I personally drive Our car HARD as a couple folks here can attest. I needed more.

NOTHING is a 100% fix, once the cradle is tightened up, you still have to deal with suspension oscillation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts