Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an Extractor Hood in stock available for the first caller. Forum members receive 10% off and we are offering free shipping.
$1345.50 Shipped

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Dat der's perty, but expensive. Prep and paint will prob add another $400-500... Will it work with a maggie? Through in the paint and im sure someone will take it off your hands..

·
Registered
~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
1,749 Posts
Specter.... Your products for the "V" are simply great! :thumbsup:

I have to say though... If you start shipping them painted, i'm sure that you would sell more of them... Especially the rear spoiler. I'm sure that could be bubble wrapped and shipped in a properly sized box like the GM painted ones.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Mines going on in a few days. It was very and I repeat very difficult to finish. Block sanding, primed, sun baked and then repeat the process over 6 times. Not sure if mine is the material that's in the picture or a carbon fiber one that they offered? It was more than that price new $1,700.00 or so.

Bought it brand new in the box not painted from a racer at a seriously low price...

Is there two types of materials that you use? Fiberglass and a Carbon Fiber? I remember a ways back when I ws talking about it there were two price quotes for the same hood one being 3-4 more?

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the reply Chef; The Carbon fiber hood that you have will have more read-through than a Fiberglass hood will. The Fiberglass definitely easier to finish versus the carbon.

The hood available is a Fiberglass hood.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Thanks for the reply Chef; The Carbon fiber hood that you have will have more read-through than a Fiberglass hood will. The Fiberglass definitely easier to finish versus the carbon.

well paint that bitch up in silver and Ill pick it up before the DreamCruise.....lets work this out.

F

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
heavier. Stock is very light.....aluminum. Fiberglass adds about 30 lbs to car.

F

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts

Chef, how would that CF hood have looked on your black V w/o painting (just in natural CF)?

Specter, if I wanted to get your rear spoiler in CF could you do it?
I think it might look good on a black V.
Saves me from the hassle of all the prep & paint work too.
Plus, I just hate anything made of fiberglass.

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is some information about the weight of our Extractor Hood. The stock hood is very light at 21.5 lbs. Our untrimmed (we still need to remove material to open the extractors, ie. take more weight out of it) weighs in at 17.5 lbs. Once we add the brackets it should finish out at about 19lbs, 2.5 lbs lighter than stock.

Florian; I pm'ed last week, did you get the message?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Stealth Gray
145 Posts
Here is some information about the weight of our Extractor Hood. The stock hood is very light at 21.5 lbs. Our untrimmed (we still need to remove material to open the extractors, ie. take more weight out of it) weighs in at 17.5 lbs. Once we add the brackets it should finish out at about 19lbs, 2.5 lbs lighter than stock.

Florian; I pm'ed last week, did you get the message?
Wow, kudos to SWS!

That is an impressive feat to get a quality street bolt on hood that big under 20lbs.

Michael

1 - 19 of 19 Posts