Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specter Werkes CTS Intake, Cam and Exhaust Project

For CTS V engine packages, we typically would install our Matrix 1 engine package. That would include CNC ported LS6 Heads with larger valves, Special Grind Cam, Titanium retainers and Patriot Gold Valve Springs. High flow intake, and Kooks headers with Corsa Exhaust. Recalibrate the ECU and finish it off with a Mobil 1 Oil change.

For this build, our customer opted to go with a Cam, Intake, Exhaust and Calibration package:

Here are the parts coming off:
The huge, 1 piece stock exhaust:

These springs need to go; Patriot Gold Springs will be replacing the stock units due to the increased lift from our custom grind cam.

The new custom grind cam is installed:

I will keep you updated on the progress of the build, and final rear wheel horsepower and torque numbers upon completion.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Sweet. :thumbsup:

If you could, please let us know some component pricing as well (for those of us who already have headers and exhaust).

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
Can you also post pre-H/C numbers as a comparison?
Also, do not cut up the old exhaust, start a thread on the CTS forum, someone in your area will want it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up on the regular CTS, I will get it on there for them.

UPDATE:
New Patriot Gold Springs are on, just waiting for the Kooks headers and then we can get it to the dyno.

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Motor is back together and the Kooks Headers are due to arrive tomorrow. Should have it on the Dyno tomorrow afternoon.

More info and pics to come.

·
26,239 Posts
At least they're not like D3, who have been stringing the poor CTS forum along with the promise of a body kit for 6 months.....

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
389 Posts
Yeah, no kidding - I have to come back and check every time I get the subscription email to keep the emails coming, but every time it's "numbers to come soon!". LOL I'm dying to see what you got!!!

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
TTT

For the kids!

-Chris

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The V is being tuned as we speak... As soon as it comes off the dyno I will post the numbers.

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
you guys used the stock heads and just upgraded springs right?

i don't want to spend the money on heads for my DD but a little cam might not be a bad idea

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dyno numbers are in:
On a Mustang Dyno (which reads more conservatively than a dynojet) the CTS V on stock LS6 heads pulled 431 HP @ 6550 rpm at the wheels and 370 ft/lb torque @ 5550 RPMS for about a 120 hp upgrade from the factory. Not bad for a cam, Kooks headers, Corsa exhaust, Cold air intake and calibration. Air temp was 90 degrees and 83 percent humidity which can account for at least 10 hp loss.

At the flywheel this translates to 519 HP, and 445 ft/lb of torque.
With our CNC Ported LS6 heads and larger valves we could free up another 25 HP on this car.

I will put up the graphs when I get a chance to scan them in.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
389 Posts
How's the idle with that cam? Is it relatively smooth :) (like smooth enough that you wouldn't think "that car's cammed!") or is it lopey? :bouncy:

-B

·
26,239 Posts
Great numbers, Specter! :thumbsup:

Can we get a price for just the cam, springs and necessary gaskets, etc, (for those of us who already have headers and intake).

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)
820 Posts
Great numbers, Specter! :thumbsup:

Can we get a price for just the cam, springs and necessary gaskets, etc, (for those of us who already have headers and intake).
:yeah:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts