Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So I've totally overhauled the audio system. Leaving only the Bose Nav HU for visual stealth. But I've been tweaking, re-tweaking, and tweaking some more when it comes to all the speakers.

And my latest dilemma is component placement.I currently have Kappa 6.5s in the front factory locations and Kappa 5.25 components (just the woofers) in the rear factory locations. My issue is idk if I like the sound imaging i guess. They're getting more than enough power. I have an available 125 watts per channel (meaning FL, FR, RL, & RR). I have things setup so they're only getting what they need for power though since they're only rated for 90w up front and 85w in the rear (rated for w/ crossovers + tweeters installed).

Which BTW does anyone know what the typical power handling split would be for a set of components [email protected] rms. Meaning how much of that would the woofer handle and how much of that would the tweeter handle?

I'm removing the LCQ-1 today and installing a DM-608. More options for tunability such as phase and timing etc... but if that doesn't fix what is bothering me I'm contemplating relocation for the front components and adding the tweeters in the rear. Audiophiles please don't crucify me for rear tweets. I know the possibility of ruining the imaging or it being too crisp are there. But I also know a lot of guys said it made a great improvement. And I ASSURE you I have a ridiculous amount of interior trim destroying bass. So I'm not too concerned with that aspect. Now I'm sure every car is different and so isn't everyone's perception of what sounds good to them. But I asking if any non-haters of rear tweets have any experience or opinion on where to mount them, I would really appreciate it.

And as for the fronts... does anyone know if there's speaker pods out there somewhere that fit our car? I'm talking either full woofer and tweeter kicks for down near the e-brake (and corresponding passenger side location) OR even just a better solution for the A-pillar factory tweeter location. Because am I alone in feeling like the tweeters firing straight across the dash at each other is stupid and messes with your left ear perception? I mean even the door speakers are kinda aiming asking towards the pedals rather than up at me. But at least woofers aren't directional like tweeters are. So it's not as diminishing of the sound.

I could really use a fresh mind on these because I've been balls-deep in this install with some intense wiring, tuning, lighting, and some fabrication and upholstering for the past month or so (since the Coronavirus got me laid off). So any feedback would really be helpful and appreciated 🙏🙏🙏

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also revamped my audio setup, however the oem deck has been replaced by a pioneer nex 1500 deck, and a hertz 604 amp and all hertz speakers, I am in love with the sound now, the oem deck just would do what I wanted like the issues you’re having. I cu out the factory sub, and front center in my setup and rewired my setup with all new wires and said amps. It has the staging I was craving (I also only use woofers in my rear doors from a component set)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts