Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

· Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
STS....since I cant post a link (new member), I will mention the Kicker 10" free air $89 on Crutchfield....I would see this as a decent, cheap, replacement....and the factory power would be ample....(per your post I assume..)

Thanks for the detail....loved it.

· Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
not a problem
thats a good bang for buck sub nothing earth shattering but an improvement over stock without getting crazy
id recommend adding an external amp which has speaker level inputs to power it
connect the stock sub wiring to the speaker level inputs
then power the sub with the amp
powering the amp is cake since the battery is under the rear seat so no need to run amp wires the length of your car.

· Registered
96' Eldorado, 00' Volvo 770 N14+ 525HP
154 Posts
Whats up everone havent posted in 4ever! Getting the stuff to do a major audio upgrade. Just got a Rockford Fosgate Type RF X7 1500w. Ive heard from many RF fans that the birth sheets on these babies ranged from 1700-1900wrms! I wanted to test it out when I first got it, so I took a trip to my bro's house. He's got a bd1000 pushin' 2 S12L7 solobarics w/ a box as big as his little chevy malibu will fit. We tested the amp for about 1/2 hour on his 12's, adjusting the gain up then down adding a little more bass boost via bass knob, never did turn them both all the way up, as he was a little scared to, but I dont blame him. It made his radar detector drop right off the windshield, was kinda funny. Its a mean amp:want:.

But anyways, Im planning on getting 1 S15L7 4 ohm and a 2 farad cap. Gonna build my own vented box out of 1" MDF. Was gonna get a 10" solo-x but my jaw dropped after I figure the price of the sub and box. I also plan on taking all the carpet out and dynomating the entire trunk, then put it back together so it still looks good. Now I know the stock radio is not gonna be able to overpower the bass but I freakin love the finger controls on the steering wheel.

And this is were I need your help Jason! What head unit will match the controls on the wheel? Also, what kinda interior speaks you suggest?

Thanks man,
Greg

· Registered
154 Posts
none will work
you must buy an adapter to make them work specific to the hu you buy
Any idea were do to get the adapter? HU manufacturer or Cadillac? Ever seen anyone successful with keeping the finger controls? Think a bose out of an ETC would be enough juice to not get overpowered/drounded out? Ive never heard one out of an ETC but you obviously would know.
Thanks
Greg

· Registered
154 Posts
Ok i know i was gonna go small and just get a solo l7 15", but it 09' im takin whats mine, just got a 12" solo x. Yea i know...wow what is he thinking, but my 10" kicker comps can only take so much from my 'source'-(1700w @2 ohms) is alot even at half gain on 10's. Got a 4 Farad Kole Audio Cap few days ago, 150a breaker installed ready for the box build. Get ready for some pics its gonna be bad! My first box build....

· Registered
2002 Deville
5 Posts
not a problem
thats a good bang for buck sub nothing earth shattering but an improvement over stock without getting crazy
id recommend adding an external amp which has speaker level inputs to power it
connect the stock sub wiring to the speaker level inputs
then power the sub with the amp
powering the amp is cake since the battery is under the rear seat so no need to run amp wires the length of your car.
Thanks for all your help with all this. I blew my sub and now that i have it out i see where it has come unsealed around half the speaker. Probably age, Texas heat and I was listening to the Muse when i blew it!

I just want what i had. No amps, nothing...SO I cant just go buy any ol sub?
What are the specs i need?
Ohms? Watts? Free Air?
Can someone please suggest me a replacement?
I want something cheap and compa:confused:rible to what I have.

· Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,720 Posts
was wondering in the 2000 seville looks like there are 3 speakers in the front dash
the once on the outside of tweeters right ?
what abou tthe one in the midle or is that not a speaker ?

· Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,720 Posts
Fit Guide
NOTE More Years and Models will be added as I have time and chance to verify all the sizes listed below I myself have verified and fully trust.

Eldorado
1992-2002
Front Door Bose 4 Inch Non Bose 5.25 with 2 inch tweeter
Rear 6x9

1998-2004
Dash 3.5
Front Doors Bose 8 Non Bose 6.5
Rear Doors 6.5
Sub 12.5

I was wondering i have the Bose system in the 2000 seville but i went to look at a fitmant guide and i cant find anything and i also cant find any 8 inch speakers at all are you sure you have the right size for the bose sytem

· Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
4.5 inch speaker resides in there pretty darn sure
you need to get a 4 inch speaker and use some fill to take care of the gaps
or on ebay there is someone who sells an adapter plate to fit the 4.5 hole to make it a 4 inch hole

· Registered
NONE
37 Posts
hey i had a few questions about my cadillac. its a 1991 deville and first i dont know how to determine if it has the bose system or not, and what are the sizes and locations of the speakers. thanks for the info in advanced

· Registered
1986 FWB 307
232 Posts
Just curious if anyone knows if its possible to replace my front 4x6 speakers with 5.25 speakers in my 1986 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham (RWD)?

...I replaced front and backs a couple years ago with Polk Audio MOMO's, but im still not happy with the clarity and depth of the front 4x6's.

Also, what will the difference be if I add in an amplifier to my speakers right now?...is it just to make them more louder or more crisp?

Thanks,
Tabz

· Registered
2005 STS
177 Posts
Hello

just wanted to know if the new bose speakers in the sts 05-10 use also 1 ohm? so I could replace my blown STS (98-04) bose speaker with the newer bose speaker? so the can not blown again :)
if I use the original spk so it can happen again:(

thx

· Registered
92 fleetwood
28 Posts
How can I tell if i have the Delco Bose Gold System. The head unit in the car is Delco Bose, but looks like it is an aftermarket one (see pic), but the rear speakers are blown. From what I am reading, you just cannot go out and buy any brand of speakers of the same size and install them. Why is that? One other question, it is not a speaker question, but does pretain to the radio system, how do you test a power antenna to see if it works before installing in your car? I found an antenna at a junk yark that was in the down position, so I figure it must still work, since most antennas that dont work are usually stuck up. Oh this is for a 92 Fleetwood FWD.

Attachments

· Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
5,045 Posts
dead center in the rear deck
its a 10 inch free air sub
2 ohm
75-125 watts stock i believe

will the stock amp power them
sure
but its a 275 watt amp
figure 75 for the sub
thats 200 watts per channel at 1 ohm
so 50 watts per channel at 1 ohm
hook up a JL speak thats 4 ohms now your only using 12.5 watts
hook up a Infinity Kappa 2 ohm and now your only using 50 watts

and no one makes a 1 ohm speak other than bose.
So this would mean that Bose runs a 2 ohm sub and 1 ohm speakers?
or is that 2 ohm related to the Kicker Free-Air use sub you suggested?

I removed my aftermarket sub / amp a while back because the amp went bad causing the sub to go out too (when the amp powered on it caused the sub to bottom out several times then it was done before I could do anything about it).

This thread got me thinking of replacing the factory 10" with another free-air 10" instead of using an aftermarket box type setup.
I was looking at Crutchfield.com and they have some interesting replacements available.

If the Bose sub is a 1 ohm then I'm looking at this one:
Infinity 102.7w Kappa 10" 1 or 4 ohm selectable $162
Its DVC 2 ohm internally wired to give only choices of 1 or 4 ohm
RMS 50 - 350 watts
Peak 1400 watts

If it is a 2 ohm then I'm thinking about this one:
Infinity 100.9w Kappa 10" 2 or 4 ohm selectable $190.
Same specs as 1 ohm version.

However they have a really good price on a Kicker Comp 07C104 $45.00
Its a 4 ohm SVC
RMS 50 - 150 Watts
Peak 300 Watts

But if the Bose stock is
75 watts @ 1 ohm
37.5 watts @ 2 ohm? - most likely not worth it
18.75 watts @ 4 ohm? - def not worth it

or if stock is
75w @ 2 ohm
37.5 @ 4 ohm? - not bad for only $45

Any advice on what would be a good idea?

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.