Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Thunder Gray CTS Premium
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just dont feel like this 2011 Premium CTS Sedan is giving me enough base. My 2014 Durango rocks the house.
So, I was wondering if anyone has just replaced their subwoofer or drivers and had great success. Im not looking to adding an amp and additional sub.

·
Registered
Black Tesla Model 3, long range, AWD
689 Posts
If I turn up the bass any more than half on my '09 CTS (with factory upgraded Bose speaker system) my whole car shakes. You're saying that there's not enough bass when it's turned all the way up?

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 3.6 LY7
236 Posts
With the ten speaker Bose system. It has more than enough thump. I think the issue is people are use to the boomy muddy bass and Bose tries to have a natural or flat like sound...

If I turn up the bass any more than half on my '09 CTS (with factory upgraded Bose speaker system) my whole car shakes. You're saying that there's not enough bass when it's turned all the way up?

·
Registered
2011 Thunder Gray CTS Premium
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I totally disagree. But I didnt ask for opinions on if you thought it sounded great, which I think it sounds ok, just need more bass. Like I said, my 2014 Durango puts out more quality and more bass sound.
It doesnt have to be boomy. I have set up many systems in many cars. Also, being a Mercedes Benz tech, I know you have to know what you touch or you can mess up a lot. Sure, I could add an aftermarket sub, but Im also not looking to do that.

----------

Throw in some All That Remains or Killswitch Engage and you will know where I am coming from.

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
I just dont feel like this 2011 Premium CTS Sedan is giving me enough base. My 2014 Durango rocks the house.
So, I was wondering if anyone has just replaced their subwoofer or drivers and had great success. Im not looking to adding an amp and additional sub.
^ This may be a red herring... but what version 'application' software (firmware) is your Nav Radio system running? If you have an earlier model-year build 2011 CTS, your Nav Radio system may have had late 2010 model-year version application software installed at the factory, as my 2011 CTS did. That particular late 2010 m-y version of application software was found to cause "abnormal" audio quality in the Nav Radio system - as in significantly weaker bass and lower overall volume levels/capability as compared to a system that's operating normally. Suggest you check your map database and application software versions in your CTS's Nav Radio system and let us know here what those versions are. If the issue I describe is affecting your system, an update to your Nav Maps + Apps (by way of a Nav Maps update disc) should resolve the problem.

To check system software versions, press the 'CONFIG' hard button on the center stack, press the 'NAV' tab on the screen and then press 'Map Database Information'.
As info - the Nav Radio system in my '11 CTS is running the following software at this time:
Application Version: 4.11.0000 (this Apps s/w version was provided via the 2012 Nav Maps update disc)
Database Version (Maps): 14.104.22.053111.24 (this Maps database version was provided via the 2012 Nav Maps update disc)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts