Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
02 Seville STS
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What spark plugs should I use for my deville? I read somewhere the original ones come with platinum ones should I use some sort of platinum plug again? What have you used?

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
Yep, as Ranger said, the AC-Delco 41-950 plugs are double-platinum and they have been tested with the engine and validated to work well for many, many miles. If you're nearing your 100k service interval, the wires are also due for replacement, and those are AC-Delco 748J.

·
Registered
02 Seville STS
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I am nearing my 100k service interval. I was going to do the plugs and wires on it. Does anyone know the Napa cross reference number? AC41950 looked like it might be the Delco ones you were talking about. Anything else I should consider doing while I'm doing the plugs and wires? I already replaced the coolant and water pump a couple thousand miles ago.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,551 Posts
You replied to a thread that has been dead for 6.8 years - your engine takes the AC Delco (DENSO contract) 41-950 double platinum spark plug, gapped to .050". Try to torque to 13 lb/ft. There may be some oil in one or more plug wells. Normal. Oil is an insulator.

If your plug wires are in the least bit suspect, replace them with the expensive AC Delco set from RockAuto. Plug connections as shown in your other threads on your Northstar power problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts