Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post and I wanted to first say hello to all. I've been lurking around her for a while as my son just sold is Lincoln LS8 and bought an 05 CTS-V. Great car. And although I'm a pretty firm die hard Supercharged Ford guy, after driving his car, I am seriously considering one for myself. What a nice sedan.

One oversight from Cadillac I just can't get over is the lack of a spare. C'mon...run flats or not...put a spare in the thing! But since they didn't, we will. I read the great write up for that in the FAQ section. My question to all you is...can an 18" SRX wheel be used for a spare? It's a half inch narrower (8"), but the same bolt pattern, same 18" diameter. I have been searching like crazy and can't get an answer. I have seen offset specs from 40mm to 52mm. I had one guy tell me he thought the hub diameter was different. I can find take off and used SRX wheels all over the place cheap...so I would like to use one if at all possible.

If this has been addressed in another thread somewhere, I apologize...but I really did search a lot for this! Thank you for your help and I look forward to a long and interesting relationship with all you folks here.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V Platinum
1,182 Posts
This is my first post and I wanted to first say hello to all. I've been lurking around her for a while as my son just sold is Lincoln LS8 and bought an 05 CTS-V. Great car. And although I'm a pretty firm die hard Supercharged Ford guy, after driving his car, I am seriously considering one for myself. What a nice sedan.

One oversight from Cadillac I just can't get over is the lack of a spare. C'mon...run flats or not...put a spare in the thing! But since they didn't, we will. I read the great write up for that in the FAQ section. My question to all you is...can an 18" SRX wheel be used for a spare? It's a half inch narrower (8"), but the same bolt pattern, same 18" diameter. I have been searching like crazy and can't get an answer. I have seen offset specs from 40mm to 52mm. I had one guy tell me he thought the hub diameter was different. I can find take off and used SRX wheels all over the place cheap...so I would like to use one if at all possible.

If this has been addressed in another thread somewhere, I apologize...but I really did search a lot for this! Thank you for your help and I look forward to a long and interesting relationship with all you folks here.
The lack of a spare is frustrating but hopefully a flat tire is a rare event and this will become a rare aggravation

unfortunatley, no, the SRX wheel will not be a suitable spare because it will not clear the calipers. This has been discussed before but there really isn't a suitable alternative right now. Best bet is to buy a spare rim (from our classifieds) and throw a tire on it..

You can also buy a spare tire kit from Lindsay Cadillac =======>

·
Registered
Redline CTS-V (sniffle)
176 Posts
:horse:
The search tool is user friendly (mostly), and keeps the board clean.
Five hits within ten seconds. I'm too lazy to link, but thread titles:

SRX Tire and Rim on the V?
Will srx wheels fit or V?
Would SRX wheels Fit the V. Same offset rite?
CTS-V and SRX wheels
Do SRX 18" rims fit on a CTS-V?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have 3 chromed CTS-V wheels that i will be posting for sale soon if you are interested. I figured they would make good spare wheels if nothing else. Haven't come up with a price yet and i've no idea on shipping yet.

·
Registered
CTS-V
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:horse:
The search tool is user friendly (mostly), and keeps the board clean.
Five hits within ten seconds. I'm too lazy to link, but thread titles:

SRX Tire and Rim on the V?
Will srx wheels fit or V?
Would SRX wheels Fit the V. Same offset rite?
CTS-V and SRX wheels
Do SRX 18" rims fit on a CTS-V?
Sorry guys...I searched and got zip...nada. Don't know why you did and I didn't.

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
i have Stock CTS V wheels, TPMS, centercaps mounted on like new (8k miles) BFG Gforce Super Sports that I have listed in the classifieds. I will split up the set with at least 3 commitments. I have one. If you are interested, PM me and I will secure you one spare setup.

·
Registered
CTS-V
342 Posts
i have Stock CTS V wheels, TPMS, centercaps mounted on like new (8k miles) BFG Gforce Super Sports that I have listed in the classifieds. I will split up the set with at least 3 commitments. I have one. If you are interested, PM me and I will secure you one spare setup.
I just shot you a PM since I am in need of a spare as well.

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
that is two down and two to go. cobraguy, need one??
I will actually ship with three commitments.

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
how much would you want for one? i dont even need the tire but...

·
Registered
CTS-V
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll take it. Sorry, I wasn't around for a few days. If you still want to split them up, I'm in for one. Just give me your paypal address.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,075 Posts
Whitedevil has been in Mod Hell and he's probably on a road somewhere looking for his inner fender liner. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts