Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of spare are the Vs (year 2007) supposed to come with? I bought mine, and the dealer owes me a spare. They have it in stock now for me (at no charge), but I would like to know if the V came with a full size spare or donut? They said they ordered whatever would have come with the car brand new, but I don't know which that is. So, is it a full size tire or just a donut?

Thanks.

Chris

I didn't see this answered in the FAQs, but maybe I missed it.

·
Registered
09 cts4 04 cts-v
258 Posts
They didnt come with one they had run flats and hoping they got you a full size V wheel and not a cts spare

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
They don't know what they're talking about. V's came with runflat tires and NO spare wheel/tire and NO jack kit. There is no donut wheel in existence that will fit over our brakes.

The only spare that will work is a stock wheel (either stock or the stock optional wheels) or the mille miglia (spelling?) wheels that are not made anymore, or one of the very expensive aftermarket wheels.

I convinced the dealer that I bought my V from to throw in a spare because it didn't have one (they were thinking a SRX donut would fit, but it doesn't clear the brakes.) They ended up ordering and giving me a standard CTS jack kit and then cut me a check for $400 to pay for a new wheel/tire .

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Typical NY dealer I guess. I'm gonna have to check and see what they got me then. They say they weren't going to give me a V wheel/tire because of the price of it.

Now, I'm curious as to what they got for me...hmmmmm.

So, those Goodyears are run flats?

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
If they are the stock goodyears, yes.

Make them attempt to mount whatever they got you. It will be a good laugh while you tell them you told them so.

I laughed a bit and literally said "I told you it wouldn't fit."

·
Registered
09 cts4 04 cts-v
258 Posts
they would say run flats on the side wall of the tire and they should be good year rsa's correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V with 2 carseats in the back and a f'ing minivan
607 Posts
Stab one with a sharp object like a knife and see if they go flat. If not, then you have runflats. :suspense:
I was gonna say that but I thought it would make me look like a dick.

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
How do I tell if the tires currently on the car are the run-flats?
Thank you for the quick replies.
they would say run flats on the side wall of the tire and they should be good year rsa's correct me if im wrong
If they are GY runflat tires... look for this marking on the sidewall
GM put GY F1 SuperCar EMTs on 04 & 05s.
I believe they changed to GY RSA EMTs in 06 & 07 (not entirely sure on that)

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
I have an extra set of wheels/tire and I just threw it in the trunk. Problem is that it really doesn't fit in the tire well...too high for the cover which sucks balls.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
88 Posts
I have an extra set of wheels/tire and I just threw it in the trunk. Problem is that it really doesn't fit in the tire well...too high for the cover which sucks balls.

I had to push the cover down in the center and then screw the nut down. It only turned about 3 full turns but at least it holds the cover down and keeps it from sliding everywhere. Even with the cover pulled down, the cover still sticks up some from the tire but at least I have a bottom in my trunk and the dirty tire is covered.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
88 Posts
Also, if you are looking for a jack, I bought mine last month off of eBay. I forgot the company name but they were the only one with the jack - shumberger auto or something like that. It also came with a handle. They wanted $29 "make an offer" for the jack and $20 shipping. I did a offer of $20 and they took it so $40 for the jack shipped. GMPartsDirect didn't have the jack on their website so if you google the part number you'll find several people selling it. You can get the part number from the FAQ.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I noticed that they were GY RS-A, but didn't look to see the EMT....I was at my folk's house and forgot what to look for.

LOL at the sharp object comment. Not gonna try that.

I'm thinking of picking up a V wheel and mounting the tire on it.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V for Victory
31 Posts
Check ebay, I know FParts sells used V wheels from wrecked cars pretty cheap. They might have some scratches but it is only a spare if your not nuts like me and will only use a new wheel / tire for a spare. I dont have run flats on mine anymore but just put the Michelin Pilot Sport A/s Plus run flats on my corvette and I love them, way better then Good year IMO, and they have a 45K mile warranty.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V, 04 Armada, 11 STi Hatch
247 Posts
Are there any donut tires that fit our lug pattern? Here is an option that might work. If there is a donut that will bolt up to our lug pattern, there is a good chance that it may clear the rear brakes. If that is the case, then you can put the spare donut on the rear and move the good rear to the front in the event of a front tire issue.

-mike

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Are there any donut tires that fit our lug pattern? Here is an option that might work. If there is a donut that will bolt up to our lug pattern, there is a good chance that it may clear the rear brakes. If that is the case, then you can put the spare donut on the rear and move the good rear to the front in the event of a front tire issue.

-mike
Donut spare? Seriously?

How do you make the leap from a donut happening to have the proper lug pattern to it clearing the rear calipers? I just don't follow the reasoning there.

Also, you are aware that the rear rotors are larger than the fronts, right?

And donuts? Seriously?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts