Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium, TerraMocha
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious-- how much are you folks paying for a 2015 SRX spare tire kit ? Where are you getting them? I was quoted $600.00 at a local Houston Texas Cadillac dealer yesterday.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
That's what the dealerships want. When we were through negotiating the price of the SRX, I told them okay if they threw in the spare tire kit. Which they did. Hopefully I will never use it. I just came back from a 3,500 mile trip so it was good to know if I had a flat the roadside assistance could put on my spare.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Lux. Cocoa Bronze 3.6 V-6
126 Posts
Mine was also FREE in the deal I made on the purchase of the 2015 SRX. No Spare , No deal. They wanted $650.00 I said NO, Free or I walk. I got it Free. It took 6 weeks after the sale to get it as it was on back-order and bad timing, snowed in, in Michigan.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Luxury
373 Posts
There is a Caddy Dealer on here who sells them a little cheaper but they are still expensive, I purchased mine from him for basically peace of mind.

·
Registered
2018 XT5
593 Posts
You'll need a jack, lug wrench, etc. as well.
Oh I'll just run it up a ramp and get it balanced on two wheels and my wife crawls out the window and changes it while we are still moving down the street. So back to my question, WHAT SIZE IS THE SPARE TIRE?

·
0 Posts
You will also need to know the offset to clear the brake calipers
Oh I'll just run it up a ramp and get it balanced on two wheels and my wife crawls out the window and changes it while we are still moving down the street. So back to my question, WHAT SIZE IS THE SPARE TIRE?

·
Registered
2015 SRX Lux. Cocoa Bronze 3.6 V-6
126 Posts
Where are you going to keep this spare, jack and jack stands in the SRX?
The Storage insert comes out and the Spare Tire and Jack kit goes in it's place. It fits Perfect. The Storage Insert Removed and spare tire and it's insert installed. This is a generic Picture. The can of Fix-a-Flat is not recomended by ME.

hpOYLmK.jpg

·
Registered
14 SRX Luxury
613 Posts
Oh I know where the spare tire kit that you buy from Cadillac goings. I'm talking about if you put together your own spare tire jack and jack stands if you don't buy the kit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts