Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS Wagon 3.0 RWD
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I have seen a number of complaints about various Cadillac dealership service departments on this site. Can anyone suggest a Cadillac dealer in the southern New Jersey area that they have confidence in? My CTS need the ignition switch recall performed and I would like to get some maintenance done.

·
Registered
2011 CTS AWD
49 Posts
Not Really South Jersey but I had had Excellent Experiences with Gold Coast Cadillac in Oakhurst.
I have purchased 2 cars from them 1 used (current 2011 CTS) and 1 new 2009 CTS.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,019 Posts
jjromano said:
Not Really South Jersey but I had had Excellent Experiences with Gold Coast Cadillac in Oakhurst. I have purchased 2 cars from them 1 used (current 2011 CTS) and 1 new 2009 CTS.
I'll second Gold Coast. My family and I purchase all of our Caddys from GC. It's a great dealership with a great service department.

·
Registered
2010 CTS Wagon 3.0 RWD
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a shame they are so far away from me. I haven't been impressed by any of the service departments I have talked to so far.

·
Registered
2010 CTS Wagon 3.0 RWD
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I gave my local place a try. Its called "Turnnersville Cadillac" I had them to a transmission service, Ignition recall & I had them make me a 2nd key. Came to $322 w/ tax. Zero complaints. The car was done on time, the dealership was recently remodeled & they didn't try to sell me a bunch of services I didn't need (except the throttle body cleaning.) I will definitely use them again when the time comes.

·
Registered
2010 CTS Wagon 3.0 RWD
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$200ish. I think it was $100 for the labor plus (16) quarts of fluid & the filter. They used the machine to replace all of the fluid.

·
Registered
2010 CTS Wagon 3.0 RWD
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like I will get another experience with this dealer. From what I can tell, one of the front wheel bearings is toast. I think its been on its way out for the last week or so. This should be covered under the GM CPO 5/100k warranty. It goes in tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere
404 Posts
Looks like I will get another experience with this dealer. From what I can tell, one of the front wheel bearings is toast. I think its been on its way out for the last week or so. This should be covered under the GM CPO 5/100k warranty. It goes in tomorrow morning.
I sincerely hope the dealer works with you on that one, because sealed wheel bearing assemblies or hub and bearing assemblies were excluded from the powertrain warranty for MY 2010 and newer.
I had one bearing replaced under powertain, but my car is a 2009.

see:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-2014-cadillac-cts-v-general/180655-2009-powertrain-warranty-better-see-urgent.html

Good luck and keep us posted!!

·
Registered
2010 CTS Wagon 3.0 RWD
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dealer just called. They replaced the wheel bearing at the front drivers side. The warranty covered it. Going to pick it up now. Hopefully the story doesn't change before I get there.

·
Registered
2010 CTS 3.6 RWD Sport Wagon (traded in for a 2011 Lexus LS460 on 12/20/17)
321 Posts
Dealer just called. They replaced the wheel bearing at the front drivers side. The warranty covered it. Going to pick it up now. Hopefully the story doesn't change before I get there.
That's good. I went to the dealer with my first wheel bearing, thinking it would be covered under the powertrain warranty (not a CPO car), but they said wheel bearings are not covered with 2010 and up cars.

I took it to my usual independent shop for the second bearing, saved a few hundred bucks off the dealer price.

·
Registered
2010 CTS Wagon 3.0 RWD
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess the CPO powertrain warranty covers more than the standard new car powertrain warranty?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts