Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'95 STS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My theory is: Given that in 1995 Cadillac won recognition for the Seville as a performance luxury car, and given that the various models were also considered to be priced high for the market; Cadillac skimped here and there in an effort to make their product more competitive. This action led to problems down the road. Of course, I'm biased.

·
Registered
'02 ETC 34,000 miles 2002 F55 STS 83,000 miles, 2016 Challenger SRT 392, 6 Sp.
264 Posts
Interesting theory. I find it interesting that as far as Northstar head gasket failure, the bad cars are the late 90's models and the '93-'95's seem to hold up pretty well. Kind of supports your theory. Whether that was due to the bean counters skimping on costs or just poor aluminum being used in the blocks in the late 90's is anyone's guess.

----------

I've had a '95 ETC, '97 ETC, '01 ETC and '02 STS. So far the STS has been by far the most troublesome. Maybe it was built on a Friday. :hmm:

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
I think that is particularly true with the fifth generation Sevilles compared with the fourth generation cars. I have both and I feel the fourth generation Seville is a higher quality car overall. The fifth series cars handle better than the fourth generation cars but the quality of the materials and certainly the fit and finish of the fourth series cars is certainly superior. The '95 STS is supposedly the fastest of all the various years of both series. I can also say that the front seats in the series 4 cars fit me much better and are much more comfortable that the skimpier seats in the 5th series cars.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,982 Posts
My theory is: Given that in 1995 Cadillac won recognition for the Seville as a performance luxury car, and given that the various models were also considered to be priced high for the market; Cadillac skimped here and there in an effort to make their product more competitive. This action led to problems down the road. Of course, I'm biased.
Unfortunately, that's what it is all about. Imagine if we could take competition & profit where taken out of the equation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts