Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L with 66,000 miles. Car has ran great since first purchasing at 47k miles. I have kept up with all oil changes roughly 3-4k miles. My most recent was at 62k miles. My engine has been making a strange noise. Best to be described as a go cart motor taking off which occured for about 3 days which brought me to check my oil and it was low. Not dry but low. I figured my car would not burn that much oil in that little time. No time for an oil change so I added 3 quarts which came up good on the dipstick. The noise went away but only now occurs when I surpass 3500 rpm during acceleration and it sounds like a go cart. I don't know whether to call it a flutter sound but only happens at higher rpms while acceleration harder than usual. I also noticed now at start up it makes 3 clicks, or knocks or clanks then stops. I did not extend my warranty since I didn't have the money at the time. Any ideas here? Any suggestions would be helpful.

I'll be taking it to my mechanic but want an idea on what I'm up against.

·
Registered
'07 CTS black on black 3.6 FE5 'Nadine'
163 Posts
Could this be timing chain noise ?
The car should still be under guarantee if it is .

Fish

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response fish. I am not familiar with the guarantee?

My car did have a warranty but it was the 50k mile one. Obviously no good now. Its funny you mention timing chain as that's what I think it is. I had this happen to me on my chrysler 300 during my lease. They tried to pin it on me stating I wasn't doing my routine oil changes. They threw this at me before I provided my entire log and receipts of my oil purchases and changes all in a timely manner.

I am familiar with the sound, but when it happened to my 300 it was completely immobile. It wouldn't start. Since my Caddy still runs just fine until I breach that RPM this is new terrain. Could you educate me a bit and what the guarantee is?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts
You say you have an 2007, if that is the case. The warranty, guarantee as fish says, should still be good as per the mileage. However, the time of first purchase may affect it. The 2007 was the only model year that has the 100,000 mile warranty for the first gen CTS.

KOT

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgive me but I'm so confused right now. I've been searching other threads to better my results for a conclusion and I've seen people were getting recall notices for the brake lines or whatever it is. I have received this a few weeks ago. Should I then just send my car in for this and mention the other problems I'm having. Is there any charge to this for diagnostic tests?

Also, are you stating that all 2007 caddy CTS came with a standard 100k mile warranty? I was told it was only a 50k mile. Is there a number I can call to figure out what warranty I had/have?

·
Registered
3.6L ~Black Mamba~
204 Posts
Forgive me but I'm so confused right now. I've been searching other threads to better my results for a conclusion and I've seen people were getting recall notices for the brake lines or whatever it is. I have received this a few weeks ago. Should I then just send my car in for this and mention the other problems I'm having. Is there any charge to this for diagnostic tests?

Also, are you stating that all 2007 caddy CTS came with a standard 100k mile warranty? I was told it was only a 50k mile. Is there a number I can call to figure out what warranty I had/have?
They just replaced my brake line something of another due to the recall issue. I'd def take it in and let them look all over it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts