Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
'06 DTS Lux II,
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '06 dts sound system is not as good (bass) as my '03 deville. Can anyone give me suggestions? I've seen an amplifier mounted behind the back seat left with the word "monsoon". My center rear mounted woofer is barely active. I use the manual(not equalizer) setting on full bass and it is weak at best. Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 DTS
6 Posts
If you find a solution, please post it. I too have the standard sound system. I have thought about installing better speakers in the doors, but I haven't done anything yet.

·
Registered
2007 DTS LUX II 75k - Once owned 1998 Deville & 2002 Deville
241 Posts
This might help to understand. The Bose system uses different impedance speaker system.

Subwoofers are made up of one or more woofers in a loudspeaker enclosure capable of withstanding air pressure while resisting deformation. Subwoofer enclosures come in a variety of designs, including bass reflex (with a port or passive radiator in the enclosure), infinite baffle, horn-loaded, and bandpass designs, representing unique tradeoffs with respect to efficiency, bandwidth, size and cost. Passive subwoofers have a subwoofer driver and enclosure and they are powered by an external amplifier. Active subwoofers include a built-in amplifier.

·
Registered
2006 DTS
4 Posts
Still waiting for some suggestions about this problem. Can I add another amp just for the sub-woofer? Has anyone done this and if so what were the results? I see lots of threads with comments, but I don't see many bonafide solutions. Come on everyone I KNOW there has to be someone out there that has improved the audio systems in this car!!!!! lol :)

·
Registered
2006 dts
255 Posts
Use a line in converter. Then add a seperate amp and subs. The stock sub might be blown in your car. Because even the factory system has some pretty good base

----------

Bass

1 - 16 of 16 Posts