Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a question about codes within the first week having my new ride, a 2000 STS,just over a month now,,I'm sorry ( happy ) to report not one has come back and the faulty fuel gauge was replaced for free by the dealer.I know you're supposed to post problems,,but (knock on wood) so far so good ,I'm sure my time is coming,,till then,,I'm hard pressed to find a flaw so I'm enjoying the ride.Thanks for your help,,I'll need it again some time I'm sure..

Attachments

·
Registered
1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD
1,589 Posts
Good to hear! I like the color. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Very nice, I dig that color!

·
Registered
1999 Seville STS
37 Posts
Check the bottom of the trunk, beneath the spare, after rain or carwash. Bet you'll find moisture, or better yet, a nice deep puddle of standing water -- the trunk leaks on every single Seville.

Just kidding; congrats for the new ride! :) Crimson red on the latest gen Seville rocks!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Check the bottom of the trunk, beneath the spare, after rain or carwash. Bet you'll find moisture, or better yet, a nice deep puddle of standing water -- the trunk leaks on every single Seville.

Just kidding; congrats for the new ride! :) Crimson red on the latest gen Seville rocks!

Nope, mine doesn't. My rear door seals dont even leak :eek:

Love the color man!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,404 Posts
:thumbsup: Search around for "strut brace", "strut tower brace" or something close. Either from your dealer ($44 + or -, or GMPartsdirect, close to same w/shipping)(GM p/n 25653157), torque the bolts to 33 ft/lb (GM FSM spec)with a drop of Loctite. A worthwhile handling upgrade. Have your GM dealer pull the service history from the GM database. It will list all dealer service and recall history.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
Just a reminder, I contacted Brasington GM and they officialy called it " sway bar ."
Nice car you have ;)

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,404 Posts
From the 2002 Seville parts CD: "25653157 - brace, front strut, 1.270. list 41.92". GMGiant Cadillac, Ocean Gateway, Easton, MD. delivered 10/21/06. Sway bars tie lower suspension elements together and impart torque to the opposite side from the turn roll.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts