Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
93 Allante, 06 CTS
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a discussion with some friends and family about whether or not you are supposed to tip SONIC servers. I do not know if they get paid sub-minimum wage and expect tips or if they get paid at least minimum wage and tips are gravy.

So, question is, Do you tip your SONIC server??

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
I see the commercials for Sonic all the time on TV where I am, but there isn't a Sonic burger joint around here. I have never seen one, and always wondered why they would spend the money to advertise to people, who don't live anywhere near one. Just out of curiosity, are they any good? Just in case I happen to see one in th future.

·
Registered
93 Allante, 06 CTS
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
danbuc said:
I see the commercials for Sonic all the time on TV where I am, but there isn't a Sonic burger joint around here. I have never seen one, and always wondered why they would spend the money to advertise to people, who don't live anywhere near one. Just out of curiosity, are they any good? Just in case I happen to see one in th future.
I think they are good, there are tons of flavored shakes and such (i.e. cherry limeade), footlong chili dogs and everything that you would find at a regular 50's style car hop joint.

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
1,631 Posts
At ours they just installed modules to allow you to pay with your credit card. I'll bet the waiters and waitresses are pissed because now they probably don't get tipped as much.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
They don't have Sonics in Minnesota :(

I've always wanted to go to one

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
I have always tipped! Don't know if you are supposed to or not! I don't really care for there food much, but all there drinks are real good. I wood take Whataburger over Sonics anyday. Atmosphere is cool though!

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
I use a debit card everywhere and I get really bothered when places that dont normally take tips have the tipping spot on my card receipts. It feels awkward to give it back empty.

And that leads to ANOTHER question.... Do you tip at REGULAR restaurants (Chili's, Applebees, Outback etc.) when you do TAKEOUT? I do not, I figure it didnt take much work to get the order from the back of the house to the driveway or to go area.

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
Playdrv4me said:
And that leads to ANOTHER question.... Do you tip at REGULAR restaurants (Chili's, Applebees, Outback etc.) when you do TAKEOUT? I do not, I figure it didnt take much work to get the order from the back of the house to the driveway or to go area.

I do, but not alot. Usually have them keep the change as long as it is not alot of change.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Yea, since I always pay with the card... again I feel bad for leaving it empty when I give the receipt back... but my scrooge side wins out and leaves it blank anyway :p

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I tip a little but not a lot. I used to bang one of those girls when I was younger and all I gotta say is they make some really good money. The thing is it's really quick to were as most waitresses have to spend a lot of time with the customers.

Got me thinking about her now...Boy she was a hot little thing with a tight ass body!

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
Playdrv4me said:
Yea, since I always pay with the card... again I feel bad for leaving it empty when I give the receipt back... but my scrooge side wins out and leaves it blank anyway :p
Speaking of paying with the check card. I sure you know about the Bank of America rounding you change to the nearest dollar program they have.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts