Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Sometimes I seriously hate this car. Codes inside.

5K views 67 replies 12 participants last post by  CTSV_510 
#1 ·
Car is starting its reduced engine power bull again. This time 30 miles from home. I'm almost home now but I got hungry and luckily my father works nights and is a police officer so he went to get me food lol. Anyway, dad also has the keys to a friends shop and I checked the codes to see if I could clear them long enough to make it home. No dice. Codes are P1516 manufacturer controlled vehicle speed, idle control, and aux input. (whatever that means) P0220 and P0120 throttle peddle position sensor switch A and B malfunction. I'm on my phone. This sucks.

#2 ·
Well I'm home. Its now 1:30 in the morning. F*** throttle by wire. I'm going to bed.

#3 ·
Your throttle body went bad. I had the same codes last month. Left me stranded on the side of the road and I had to call a tow.

Luckily the dealer replaced my TB under warranty even with it being bolted to a maggie :yup:

Then they even ground down the casting on the TB so it would fit under the hood :D

#63 ·
Your throttle body went bad. I had the same codes last month. Left me stranded on the side of the road and I had to call a tow.

Luckily the dealer replaced my TB under warranty even with it being bolted to a maggie :yup:

Then they even ground down the casting on the TB so it would fit under the hood :D

I believe he's 100% correct. The EXACT same thing happened to me, except I was 200+ miles from home. :mad: The dealer I took it to also replaced it under warranty, even with a maggie on it.

#4 ·
Looks likes its time to do the 90 swap then!

#15 ·
Do you have Corvette FRCs? If so I would guess they cut through one of the wires. Its happened to more than one person on here.

I currently get the "Service Vehicle Soon" message every time I fire up since my Oil Pressure Sensor is finally caput and gives a --- reading.

#10 ·
Thanks darkman. Can always count on you for the tech data.

#18 ·
The 78 does have a coolant line but I have already bypassed it. But for those that have not, its an easy mod.

#19 ·
Pics? How to?

#20 ·
No pics but I think I can walk you through it. The stock TB has two lines on the bottom of it. On goes to the driver side of the engine to a crossover tube and the other goes under the radiator shroud. Just disconnect the line that goes from the engine to the TB and remove it completely. Now take the other line the goes under the radiator shroud and remove it from the TB and reconnect it to where you pulled the other line off the crossover tube.

When you do the maggie swap, this cross over gets replaced and the inlet is now on the passengers side so just wait until you do the swap to do it or you'll just be doing double work.

These lines do have antifreeze in them so be careful if you do this when the engine is hot. Also, if you pull a line off and no antifreeze comes out, you probably picked the wrong lines. The two lines are the lowest part of the throttle body. Also, just to make it look a little better, I used vise grips and clamped onto the nipples and twisted them out. They can be removed with breaking them off but you will destroy them getting them out. But its not like they will ever be used again anyway.

#21 ·
Okay just for grins I plugged in the 90mm TB with the new harness and the reduced engine power went away. Obviously I still have no control over the car because it wasn't actually installed but, it looks like it is the TB. I beat on the TPS sensor and the TB motor but it never fixed itself. Its to hot right now to mess with it so I just shut the hood.

#22 ·
Heres a few shots to show you 78mm guys what you're missing out on.

A shot with the 90mm snout on the 78mm TB to get a good idea just how much bigger the 90 is.

#24 ·
I'd say thats pretty close:D

#26 ·
A couple questions.... what is the reason to bypass the cooling lines to the 78mm throttle body? Wouldn't it be more effective if it's being cooled?

Second, does the 90mm throttle body fit under the stock hood on an LS6 with a maggie?

I would have gone the 90mm route with mine if it hadn't been for the dealer replacing it under warranty. It's hard to beat free :cool2:

#27 ·
The coolant lines actually act as a heater so bypassing them will keep it cooler. However, the 90mm TB doesn't have any coolant lines running through it so the bypass is necessary anyway for the swap.

The 90 will fit under the hood. They did it on the LS2.

#28 ·
O BABY. That looks sexy. I'm getting excited as hell. I have to find another bolt.

#29 ·
Call Jason @ Katech. He has a couple of LS2 throttle bodies laying around. How much did you pay ctsv154? Prolly got it awhile ago.

#31 ·
I got the harness and.tb for 300. They are take offs.

#33 ·
I bought my 90 with a fast intake about 2 years ago. I paid a grand for intake and TB. Both were ported and a harness came with it.

#34 ·
Those pictures got to you, didn't they randy?

#37 ·
They're getting to me.

I actually feel ashamed that I am choking the hell outta my motor with this pipsqueak LS6 TB. :nono:

#35 ·
The snout doesn't have a gasket were it bolts to the blower. It was sealed with what looks like a sealant like lock tight. I made my own gasket for the TB. The bolts are the same thread and pitch as stock, just longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.