Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is starting its reduced engine power bull again. This time 30 miles from home. I'm almost home now but I got hungry and luckily my father works nights and is a police officer so he went to get me food lol. Anyway, dad also has the keys to a friends shop and I checked the codes to see if I could clear them long enough to make it home. No dice. Codes are P1516 manufacturer controlled vehicle speed, idle control, and aux input. (whatever that means) P0220 and P0120 throttle peddle position sensor switch A and B malfunction. I'm on my phone. This sucks.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I'm home. Its now 1:30 in the morning. F*** throttle by wire. I'm going to bed.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V & Escalade
247 Posts
Your throttle body went bad. I had the same codes last month. Left me stranded on the side of the road and I had to call a tow.

Luckily the dealer replaced my TB under warranty even with it being bolted to a maggie :yup:

Then they even ground down the casting on the TB so it would fit under the hood :D

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks likes its time to do the 90 swap then!

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,732 Posts
You might want to disconnect the TAC module if it's intermittent 1516 code. A friend's car had the plug just resting there and no plugged in!

The TAC module is next to the fuse box but between the engine and fuse box under the hood.

Norm

Norm

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, Powered by Chevrolet
835 Posts
My A/C died on the way home from V-Day III - The DIC-head displays "Service AC". This car is wearing me out with all the trips to the dealer. My first GM car may be my last.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
:dammit: cars are not supposed to have any problems. Sell them and buy a Prius. They're made by Toyota so you know they're perfect. :yup:

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Car is starting its reduced engine power bull again. This time 30 miles from home. I'm almost home now but I got hungry and luckily my father works nights and is a police officer so he went to get me food lol. Anyway, dad also has the keys to a friends shop and I checked the codes to see if I could clear them long enough to make it home. No dice. Codes are P1516 manufacturer controlled vehicle speed, idle control, and aux input. (whatever that means) P0220 and P0120 throttle peddle position sensor switch A and B malfunction. I'm on my phone. This sucks.
See attached.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks darkman. Can always count on you for the tech data.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
Looks likes its time to do the 90 swap then!
I was thinking this before I even finished reading your first post!

Broken stuff is just an opportunity for upgrading...:bouncy:

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
971 Posts
I've already got everything, I just need to do it.
You prolly could verify the list then:
Magnuson Snout
Harness
Tb
Tune

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
My A/C died on the way home from V-Day III - The DIC-head displays "Service AC". This car is wearing me out with all the trips to the dealer. My first GM car may be my last.
Do you have Corvette FRCs? If so I would guess they cut through one of the wires. Its happened to more than one person on here.

I currently get the "Service Vehicle Soon" message every time I fire up since my Oil Pressure Sensor is finally caput and gives a --- reading.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You prolly could verify the list then:
Magnuson Snout
Harness
Tb
Tune

Sounds about right. Dont forget the bolts for the new TB. The 90 is a four bolt and and the 78 is a 3. Other than the minor change in pluming for all the lines, that sounds like it.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The 78 does have a coolant line but I have already bypassed it. But for those that have not, its an easy mod.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
971 Posts
Pics? How to?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No pics but I think I can walk you through it. The stock TB has two lines on the bottom of it. On goes to the driver side of the engine to a crossover tube and the other goes under the radiator shroud. Just disconnect the line that goes from the engine to the TB and remove it completely. Now take the other line the goes under the radiator shroud and remove it from the TB and reconnect it to where you pulled the other line off the crossover tube.

When you do the maggie swap, this cross over gets replaced and the inlet is now on the passengers side so just wait until you do the swap to do it or you'll just be doing double work.

These lines do have antifreeze in them so be careful if you do this when the engine is hot. Also, if you pull a line off and no antifreeze comes out, you probably picked the wrong lines. The two lines are the lowest part of the throttle body. Also, just to make it look a little better, I used vise grips and clamped onto the nipples and twisted them out. They can be removed with breaking them off but you will destroy them getting them out. But its not like they will ever be used again anyway.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts