Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something's draining my battery on my 2012 Escalade ESV, after it sites for 2 days it wont start because the battery has been drained. I've changed the battery , disconnected the alternator and disconnected the aftermarket amps to see if that was the problem and after 2 days still no juice. I'm hoping someone here could point me in the right direction before i take it to the dealership so I can fix it myself .

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,388 Posts
Welcome Aboard !!!

Is there some device plugged into one of the 12 volt power ports? If so, and if the 12 volt port(s) fuse(s) are set to "always hot" then that will cause your problem.

If not, then there's something not turning off after RAP (Retained Accessory Power) dropout about 10 minutes after Key: OFF.

Have the vehicle scanned at a parts store in order to get any diagnostic codes stored in the built-in code system. Use the below link to enter and define any found codes and post it all here.

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
581 Posts
After driving it at night lock yourself inside using the remote. Verify no buttons or lamps stay on. Check the screen on the Navi to verify it’s black, not grey.

When our battery was on its way out weird stuff was happening. One of them was the radio turning off but the screen staying on, grey in color. After the battery was replaced it all stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
779 Posts
After driving it at night lock yourself inside using the remote. Verify no buttons or lamps stay on. Check the screen on the Navi to verify it’s black, not grey.

When our battery was on its way out weird stuff was happening. One of them was the radio turning off but the screen staying on, grey in color. After the battery was replaced it all stopped.

Wouldn’t be impossible to lock yourself in the vehicle with the remote because it unlocks itself automatically to prevent you from accidentally locking your keys in the vehicle.

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
581 Posts
That would be a great on the NNBS chassis. I’m not aware that feature was ever implemented 2014 or before. It’d be cool if it was. It leads towards a SW or HW update to add it to earlier vehicles.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Something's draining my battery on my 2012 Escalade ESV, after it sites for 2 days it wont start because the battery has been drained. I've changed the battery , disconnected the alternator and disconnected the aftermarket amps to see if that was the problem and after 2 days still no juice. I'm hoping someone here could point me in the right direction before i take it to the dealership so I can fix it myself .
So I tried a method i saw on YouTube where they used a multimeter in line with the negative battery post and cable set to 10A and see if there's a draw. it jump to 2.56A them i start pulling fuses and the amperage dropped after i pulled the LDEC2 ( fuse number 72) the Amperage dropped to .34A so i guess ill start trouble shooting there.
Welcome Aboard !!!

Is there some device plugged into one of the 12 volt power ports? If so, and if the 12 volt port(s) fuse(s) are set to "always hot" then that will cause your problem.

If not, then there's something not turning off after RAP (Retained Accessory Power) dropout about 10 minutes after Key: OFF.

Have the vehicle scanned at a parts store in order to get any diagnostic codes stored in the built-in code system. Use the below link to enter and define any found codes and post it all here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts