Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '95 STS has got an intermittant problem. Part of the "dash" shuts down. For example, the inst. mpg and range goes away; the climate control resets to auto from econ; the analog speedo goes from 0 to 150 and back just once when the ignition is turned from off to on; and the clock messes up. Has anyone of you "techies" had heard of anything like this and what do you think is the cause? It has gone from these symptoms and back to normal 3 times in as many days sometimes just for a few seconds. Any ideas? Thanks in advance...:bonkers:

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
Until someone posts with an answer, do a search for something like "IPC blank". I just did and that pulled up a few. This problem has been posted before, but I haven't followed the threads. I haven't had the problem myself.

By the way, welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
:welcome: :wave:

Try checking the codes first to see if the computers know anything about the problem.

·
Registered
2000 Dev, 94 FW (crushed), 96 FW Limo (sold), 95 SLS (sold)
367 Posts
Sounds like the classic case of bad ground to me. This can be tested by getting a good ground straight to the cluster. If the problem is gone, you know what it was.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
It sounds like a ground or loose battery connection. That is what it does after you reconnect the battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts