Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS Base, 96 Chevy 1500 Silverado
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Saturday afternoon as I was leaving work, my CTS started whining a little bit. It sounds like it is fairly close to the firewall on the passenger side as I can hear it crystal clear sitting in the passenger seat but hardly at all in the drivers. I thought it was my power steering so I checked that and it was a good bit low. Took an entire small bottle of power steering fluid (one this size but didn't use that brand) to get to full.

It was still whining a bit so I thought it had a air bubble somewhere in the system that just needs to work itself out. Well, it did by saturday evening and was quiet as can be like normal. Well this morning as I was getting ready for work, I started my car to let it warm up because it was mighty frosty and I don't feel like freezing my ass off. I figured there must have been a hole or something leaking the fluid out but when I checked it, it was still full.

Do I still have an air bubble or is this something else? It sounds kind of like a turbo whistle but a good bit deeper (Keep in mind no turbo is on this car). Any idea's guys?

Also to rule out: I checked the belts and replaced one (I'm not mechanic so don't bother asking if it's the serpentine.), swapped out the alternator (I have a mechman 370a alt that I planned on installing anyway with 0Gauge OFC wiring)

12,778 Posts
I realize you're looking for DIY feedback from the community, Jeff, in which case I do hope they chime in soon with feedback! I do recommend visiting your dealership for service, and I'm happy to help if you would ever like assistance scheduling an appointment or following up with your dealer. Email me anytime at [email protected] or send me a private message through the forum for further assistance!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
06 CTS Base, 96 Chevy 1500 Silverado
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realize you're looking for DIY feedback from the community, Jeff, in which case I do hope they chime in soon with feedback! I do recommend visiting your dealership for service, and I'm happy to help if you would ever like assistance scheduling an appointment or following up with your dealer. Email me anytime at [email protected] or send me a private message through the forum for further assistance!

Best,

Katie
In my area, I wouldn't take it to a dealership even if you paid me. The dealerships here are worthless snakes that serve only to destroy what you had paid your hard-working money for.

----------

Nevermind guys, I have it fixed. My power steering pump was going bad, replace it and everything worked as it should.

12,778 Posts
Jeff.v, I'm pleased to hear your concern has been resolved but I'm sorry to hear about your past dealer experience. If you ever care to share dealership feedback, then please email me at [email protected]. I'm on hand anytime to document your comments where the appropriate GM teams can view them!

Best,

Katie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts