Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive taken my car in twice for this same thing. While driving, usually in 4th gear - it all of a sudden says Im in reverse and the (r) comes up. They said they fixed it the other two times. Now it happened again, but only every so often. What do I do, bc I know they wont be able to replicate it. :thepan:

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
if you REALLY want them to take care of it...snap a shot of the R on your cell phone or digital camera...thats what I did with my service stability system screen and they took care of it even though they couldn't replicate it.

·
Registered
CTS-V 2005 (Red Line)
36 Posts
if you REALLY want them to take care of it...snap a shot of the R on your cell phone or digital camera...thats what I did with my service stability system screen and they took care of it even though they couldn't replicate it.

:yeah:

That should work...I know it would scare the Sheets out of me.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V (Raven/Ebony)
18 Posts
CTSVFLA,
did you (or anyone else) ever get a resolution for this?

It happened to me yesterday! My CTSV is a whole 2 weeks old, and that "R" was on for 10 miles of local driving. Through every gear up and down, I even tried banging it in and out of reverse at stoplight in case there was a sticky switch somewhere. I finally pulled over, shutdown & restarted, and it magically disappeared...

It didn't occur to me until later to wonder if my reverse lights were on that whole way! :eek:

I have an appt with my local caddy dealer tomorrow morning - but It'll probably be the run-around since I can't reproduce, so any info would be helpful.

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
yeah that would probably scare the crap out of someone. you're tailing them on the highway and suddenly their reverse lights come on. i wouldn't know what to do :-/

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V (Raven/Ebony)
18 Posts
yeah that would probably scare the crap out of someone. you're tailing them on the highway and suddenly their reverse lights come on. i wouldn't know what to do :-/
Particularly since the CTS has reverse lights as big and bright as most headlights! :shocked2:

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Mine does this every once in a while, and I actually got out and checked the reverse lights- they weren't on. It's probably a glitch with the reverse sensor in either the cluster or transmission, and I decided to not even mess with it.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
CTSVFLA,
did you (or anyone else) ever get a resolution for this?

It happened to me yesterday! My CTSV is a whole 2 weeks old, and that "R" was on for 10 miles of local driving. Through every gear up and down, I even tried banging it in and out of reverse at stoplight in case there was a sticky switch somewhere. I finally pulled over, shutdown & restarted, and it magically disappeared...

It didn't occur to me until later to wonder if my reverse lights were on that whole way! :eek:

I have an appt with my local caddy dealer tomorrow morning - but It'll probably be the run-around since I can't reproduce, so any info would be helpful.

I have never had this happen. The picture will prove that it did happen again. They might give you a problem because of time stamping.

And 04CTSVFLA was:banned2:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,991 Posts
Has happened to me ... twice. Stopped, shifted in and out of reverse, and it went away.

It's just a light. :bigroll:

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V (Raven/Ebony)
18 Posts
It's just a light. :bigroll:
Sure.
But as I just plunked down $50K for a new car, I don't expect it to be malfunctioning already.
Poor me. :violin:
But I posted because I really didn't know if it was *just* a light -- although the responses above have helped to allay that fear. Taking a quick cellphone pic is a good idea if it happens again (although it does sound like it'll be a hard problem to diagnose).

----

Appears as if I dredged up some bad memories with 04CTSVFLA. Sorry about that. I was just trying to be a good little netizen and not start new threads that might have been already repeated a hundred times.

-=* Fritz *=-

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,991 Posts
Sure.
But as I just plunked down $50K for a new car, I don't expect it to be malfunctioning already.
Poor me. :violin:
But I posted because I really didn't know if it was *just* a light ...
Don't mean to sound like a pr1ck, and you did the right thing by searching and posting to find an answer. Actually, I started a thread about it the first time it happened to me, and a couple of guys had seen it already, too.

As far as 04CTSVFLA, he was indeed a character. I didn't really follow his posts that closely, but he was "out there." :alien:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts