Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my passenger window has been having roblems, I thought the track was off or something...... anyway we *finally* got around to taking the door panel off, damn arm rest was impossible to get off, now that i know how, it's easy.

Anyway, the would would be sluggish to go up, get locked either going up or down and make a wierd clunk dopping sound, well it turns out that a huge for sale sign was inside the door planel, one of the palstic ones, and it was jambing up agaisnt the window mechamism....... here is the nea part, I bought the car from a dealer, who got it from an auction, I am going to call the number on the sign (no other info on it) and see if anyone asnwers, maybe I'll be able to find some info out or something aobut the car....

....I guess someone was selling it, sign fell into door and they didn't do anything about it. We lube'd up the window and all the tracks etc.. and it is alot better, more smooth and faster, and I figured while the panel is off, do the door handel, lock and all that going to the end of the door, so I did, and it too moves alot omre freely and easy, the driver dor can wait until I get my Infinity 5 1/4" compoent speaker system, as pulling off he panel was a big pain..... Cadillac has to make everything difficult.

I bought a factory service manual for my car, not bad, comes to a little less then $50 after shipping, now I can start to fix all the small things on my car that I want to etc... and actually know what I am doing, hopefully it'll have everything in it (it should) first thing I want to do is pull the top part of the dash off..... I have a slight rattle sometimes, the backside of the speedo plastic has water spots and just bugs me, the shifter pin is ou of alignment, so if I am in drive, it says neutral, if I am in 2nd it says 3rd etc.

Next up for my car are Cadillac splash guards, then the HID blueish headlights (full set including high and low beams for $25 form CustomCaddy.com, less then the price of what CC would charge for 1 low beam) then next year I want to get the windows tinted, and maybe an Astro rof ut in (Cadillac's version fo a moon rof, huge) maybe find one at a junk yard or something.....

Well, I gotta get to sleep, talk to everyone later

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Thats great!!! For sale sign in the door, i dont think Ive heard that one!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
elwesso