Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 sts-v
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner yay but I have a question, when I get on the gas under heavy acceleration I feel like the blower has a little stutter before it comes alive. It’s not always but it’s frequent enough for me to raise questions. Is this “normal” or what would cause this hesitation?
(Happened with competitive mode on and off.) any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
'09 STS, '95 Eldorado, '68 Coupe de Ville convert
27 Posts
I have no hesitation, either (2006 STS-V, all stock, 55K miles). Acceleration is buttery smooth, and watching the boost gauge in the DIC seems to reflect that, as well. I generally run 89 octane (mid-grade) in the car, too, and not 91 (premium). No ping, no stutter, probably because I don't stand on the pedal coming off the line.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade & 2008 STS-V
28 Posts
I have no hesitation, either (2006 STS-V, all stock, 55K miles). Acceleration is buttery smooth, and watching the boost gauge in the DIC seems to reflect that, as well. I generally run 89 octane (mid-grade) in the car, too, and not 91 (premium). No ping, no stutter, probably because I don't stand on the pedal coming off the line.
Owners manual says to run premo? why are you running 89??

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
42 Posts
New owner yay but I have a question, when I get on the gas under heavy acceleration I feel like the blower has a little stutter before it comes alive. It’s not always but it’s frequent enough for me to raise questions. Is this “normal” or what would cause this hesitation?
(Happened with competitive mode on and off.) any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Are you using manual mode and leaving in gear when accelerating? I wonder if the hesitation could be the trans kicking down a gear real quick. The trans can be pretty smooth and the kick downs can be subtle depending on the situation. If you have not done that, find a good road, put it in 2nd gear, get to about 3500 rpm and then punch it and see if you feel a hesitation. If you still do, maybe look at your MAF sensor. Make sure there is no trash stuck in the wires and even spray it with some parts cleaner if you have some. Check the tightness of your intake hoses. Also visually inspect the bypass valve stuff on the top-front-right on the super charger and the pressure sensors on the top-left-middle of super charger. They have vacuum lines going to them so be careful, but you want to check and make sure they are not cracked or anything. Just a few quick, zero cost things you can do before going further.

Owners manual says to run premo? why are you running 89??
I only run 91 or better myself. I would never run mid-grade to save a few bucks and I am fairly poor. I have put in 87 in a pinch after a hurricane and no other gas was available, but I probably never used more than 25% throttle when it was in my tank and I threw in some octane booster to be safe. The computer can obviously handle it, but forced induction cars need the octane more than most. I don't think you would ever have to worry about detonation on a stock motor, but why risk it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts