Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I took out my car to go to the store . Got to a red light then I took off kinda quick when all of a sudden I hear a loud clunk noise and car would not move anymore . I can just hear clattering so I look under and found grease all over the bottom were driver side cv axle the boot was torn . Could I have broken the cv axle on the driver side and that's the reason car wouldn't move anymore or did I break something else like the rear end .

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
It could be either. Statistically, the odds favor a broken axle, but you won't know until you put it on a lift or jack stands and have a look.

·
Registered
ctsv
8 Posts
You may have done what i did yesterday. I sheared the pass side axle. Put the car in gear and go under the back of the car and look. If one of the axles is still moving (like mine was) thats probably what you did.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well I came home on my lunch break jacked up car and put it in gear and yep the axle is broken the part that slides in to diff is turning but from boot to tire the axle isn't turning.the bar is just jumping and jumping were it's not attached anymore at joint ...And so I been searching around for another and they are pretty expensive , even for the stock ones I wonder if maybe they can rebuild this one.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But I c that the after market axles they only sell bar with boots so u can put new bar onto the joint which is part I broke or Idk maybe I'm not searching right

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it looks like it's between 2thru 6 all that cause bar ain't turning all that turns is is the whole assembly that slides in to diff and it's the driver side

1 - 10 of 10 Posts