Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Seville SLS
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Seville SLS, black, black cloth roof, 20% tinted windows all around, ground effects painted black, and I'm planning on tinting the tail lights...

Basically the only things that won't be black will be the chrome / gold trim, headlights, and stock chrome 16" SLS rims (not for long)

Within one month, I shall have enough money to get a decent tire / rim package..
I'm looking to pay between $1,200 and $1,600 for rims and tires, incl. shipping. (Most places online ship tire/wheel packages for free)

I want 18", I realize 20"s will look better, but I just don't have that kind of money, and I don't want to stress my suspension that much.

So the criteria: 18" black rims, can have chrome accents, but has to be black...

The two websites I've been looking at:

http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/cgi-bin/csv/find-by-vehicle-3.pl?order_by=wheel-brand&order=abc&method=any&fit-class=18-5x115-high&wheel-brand=&wheel-finish=Black

and

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/CarSearchModule.cfm

I kind of like the lakeshore place better, they specifically get the correct offset (40mm), not just around 40mm, and they match the tires up to the stock tire sizes. Both places ship free.

I can't tell what will look good on the car. I know tirerack has a wheel visualizer with the seville, but I don't like their selection of wheels. What do you guys think?

90% of me wants to go with lakeshore, but I'm waiting to see if anyone says anything bad about them or good about the other place.

So as far as lakeshores wheels, what do you guys think would look good on the car? ****, I realize it's "my decision," but I just can't decide. It's not like I can get my money back if I dislike my selection

Under my list of possibles at lakeshore so far:
Akita-Racing AK-6 $1461 with Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires
Alloy Technologies AT695 $1457 with same tires
Baccarat Mirage $1517 with same tires
Brazen BR550s $1525 with same tires
BT-Wheels BT-Nvious $1545 with same tires

All are 5X115, all are 40mm offset, all are 18"

So again my questions are -
Does anyone have any experience / suggestions regarding lakeshorewheelandtire or discountedwheelwarehouse?

Is anybody on the forum able to kind of use paint or something to show what certain rims would look like on the car? I hate asking but I don't know how and if it's something that somebody can do quickly and easily I'd really appreciate it

also - does anybody have opinions about the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's? I guess they're pretty high performance and everything, and summer only, which doesn't matter because I'll use my stock wheels for winter. But anyone have experience with these?

Sorry for the long post, any help would be appreciated, I just can't see spending so much on something that'll look dumb.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Interesting. I'm looking for wheels also for my 01 DTS. I like those
Alloy-Technologies AT669-Black

I hadn't seen that site before.

That AK-6 was the first design I liked but I can't find them anywhere in 17" with the correct bolt pattern. I personally don't want to go to 18's

Additionally I would like to say that Baccarat makes some gorgeous stuff. Tough call on an SLS.
I would go to Tire Rack, use there 'view on vehicle' feature to find a style or design you like on the car. I think that's the only way to insure happiness.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
There are so many choices, how does one choose. All the wheels I like come in 18's too but that would force be to buy new tires, again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts