Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:

Someone keyed the hell out of my car just now. One while side of my cts is keyed really deep, it's on both doors and the panels before and after it. And my check engine light is now on, so I think he put sand or something in my gas tank. I know who did it so pllease pray I don't end up in jail over this.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Re: Someone keyed my car and put shit in my gastank

if you know who did it just report it to the cops (unless they have something on you)

sorry to hear about it...lets see a pic of how bad it is

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

He conveniently had to go back to jail this morning, he did it last night. I was going to call his probation officer but my friend said it's not even worth it without proof, which I don't have.

I might take some pics tomorrow...it's all the way into the sheet metal. I'm going to the dealership in the morning to see what he did to cause the engine light.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS Every Option
516 Posts

You can file it under your insurance as vandelism usually and just pay your deductable.

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I have bare minimum insurance so I don't know about that, but I'll check into it just in case. Thanks

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

This is so frustrating..right when I completed everything I wanted done to my car this happens.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS Every Option
516 Posts

I know how that goes man. Just be patient and try to wait it out. Everything happens for a reason.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,990 Posts

If the guys on probation you don't need proof to report it to his probation officer. The PO has all kinds of latitude to shake the guy down and lean on him and he needs to know about it. You don't owe the guy a damn thing.

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks for the advice D-Ski, I'm gonna try that. I figured it wasn't even worth trying if I didn't have proof. I'm gonna tell the officer that he can't hear about this though, because I don't want him coming after me when he gets out. Man, I'm finishing up a biochem degree and I have to deal with this high school dropout. It sucks - I don't come from money, I have paid my way through college so far every penny. I work my ass off and every bit of money has gone into buying/fixing up this car. I KNOW it's not cheap to fix a keyed car..minus whatever engine damage there is!

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts

Where are you located if your somwhat near me I will fix the key marks and drop the gas tank to clean it out and everything for free

·
Registered
07 CTS w/ performance pkg, 18" wheel pkg
132 Posts

Where are you located if your somwhat near me I will fix the key marks and drop the gas tank to clean it out and everything for free
Now THAT's what America is all about!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And to the OP, I'm not trying to be jerk here, and it may just be that I don't know the situation well enough, but I've been trying to teach my son about "the company he keeps" He has had similar trouble, but it all goes along with the people he hangs around with. It's a rough crowd. A lot them tend to get jealous of people with nice things and feel they need to damage it. I never had these troubles, but I generally hung around a better crowd of people.

Now if I'm wrong and it's just something where I don't know what I'm talking about, then please forgive me.

And congratulations on putting yourself through college! :thumbsup::thumbsup:More than I can say for myself. Now I'm old and it would be very hard to accomplish. I have too many other responsibilities.

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

PM'd you. Now that is some forum comradery if I've ever seen it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
271 Posts

just responded and you may get lucky also if i am able to do this (youll understand when you read the pm) maybe if you wanted i could do some artwork on the vehicle while im at it just so your caddy stands out from the rest obviously only if you wanted it (thatd be free of charge as well......i feel bad for ya since i had my Range Rover keyed on every single damn panel once)

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Now THAT's what America is all about!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And to the OP, I'm not trying to be jerk here, and it may just be that I don't know the situation well enough, but I've been trying to teach my son about "the company he keeps" He has had similar trouble, but it all goes along with the people he hangs around with. It's a rough crowd. A lot them tend to get jealous of people with nice things and feel they need to damage it. I never had these troubles, but I generally hung around a better crowd of people.

Now if I'm wrong and it's just something where I don't know what I'm talking about, then please forgive me.

And congratulations on putting yourself through college! :thumbsup::thumbsup:More than I can say for myself. Now I'm old and it would be very hard to accomplish. I have too many other responsibilities.
You are so right about "the company you keep". The more I deal with it the more I realize the implications of it. This guy was only an acquaintance not a friend, I'll spare you the other details of the story but the bottomline is that I didn't do anything to deserve this. And I'm not being biased haha.

·
Registered
41,009 Posts

Sorry to hear about your car; some people are such jackasses.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts

Um wow. :highfive: :cheers: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Brought it to the dealership, it turns out the check engine light was because of the exhaust and headers I just put on. The light didn't come on for awhile though, and it literally came on immediately after he keyed my car. Yay! Onto the bad news

The paint estimate however is $1075. Lol, I think I'll pass.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
any pics of the damage?

·
Registered
271 Posts
if youd like i could walk you through the steps of fixing the paint the easiest way just call me (717)449-9508 and as i said when im down in your area in about 3-5 weeks if i can get ahold of the equipment down their ill spray it properly and 2 tone it if you want lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts