Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was just checking thee Facebook's, and what would I see in a Cadillac group, but someone found an orange with sunroof talisman in a junkyard. Interior is still complete. It's at an LKQ in Palm beach and dyer Blvd and Haverhill. Normally, I'd just put this in the parts page, but it's a freaking orange 74 talisman.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
If the car is smashed or too far gone for saving someone should at least save the interior and any other talisman unique bits.

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1992 Sedan DeVille
42 Posts
I hope somebody grabs it; being from FL, the body and frame are probably solid.

I recently found a 4100-powered '82 DeVille in a scrapyard that was in better condition and had fewer KMs than my '89 Brougham. It was full of empty power steering fluid bottles so, who knows? Maybe the faulty PS unit was the only reason for its senior citizen owner junking it; even if its rubbish alloy block was borked, the car still could of/should have been saved.

For a future project, I really want to save a wreck from a breaker's yard. Cars like these, especially specimens like that talisman, are going to be gone one day and it's up to brave mechanics to save them from the crusher. =P

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
No link, no photos?
How exactly should I save this, drive to FL and wander around?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts