Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I'm getting around to the interior on the Eldo, and plan to reduce rattles to a complete minimum due to the increased amount of bump in the trunk :D

Firstly, I've decided to go with eDead. Cheap and nice. I have a question about that. I want to go with the v1 (the actual material that you just lay/stick on the floor and all) and the v3 (the goop that you paint on). I have heard that you can paint the goop on over the material. True?

I really can't stand ghetto ass rattling hunks of junk, and want to have a rattle free car. Yes this will cost some money, but it's well worth it. The subs will be 2 Infinity 12" DVC "Perfect" subs.

Also, will 240 square feet of material cover the floor, doors, trunk, and trunk lid of the '76 Eldorado?

·
Registered
1986 Fleetwood Brougham D'elgance
204 Posts
buddy of mine has a 2005 Monte Carlo with 2 JL w7's and we did his trunk entirely with Dead mat 3 times and still had rattle we even filled his spaces in with insulation and it still rattled. The one thing that worked on top of 3 layers of dead mat and insulation was Rhino Lining yes the same stuff people put on truck beds. He now has no bass at all but this took a quite few months to finally stop the bass.

What I am saying is that it will not go away over night and it will take some spots to be 5 or more layers then other spots needing one layer. I feel the same way you do on the rattle from the trunk and decided to build my own port boxes so it doesnt use the trunk as sound reflection but remains contained in it self.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts